$8 turbo qualifier SnG: low-M situations

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually having <8 or so BBs means a push with any two cards, especially when folded to you, but with this turbo putting literally everyone under 10BBs I can't be pushing every hand with a stack this short. What do you guys think; push or what?

I've been playing tight, and have started making all in moves (my last with 88 and losing to shorstack's AA). The table is generally tight, though there are some fairly loose players (~30/15) who I'm afraid of getting called by. 6 get paid, 5 get tickets and this is 1 of 2 tables w/ 5 or 6 left on each:

fulltiltpoker Game #1605235316: Tier One $8+$0.70 (Turbo) (11695760), Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:49:20 ET - 2007/01/15
Seat 1: muddy7 (1,160)
Seat 3: Elowry (3,010)
Seat 4: ChuckTs (840)
Seat 5: Sidepot Sammy (650)
Seat 6: lennepoker (5,240)
Seat 8: dinojc (2,600)
dinojc posts the small blind of 100
muddy7 posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChuckTs [7h 9h]
Elowry folds
ChuckTs .....

I'll be utg next hand and will have even more people behind me to have to run through should I push (which I certainly will have to). Push or fold? If fold, where do you draw the line in this situation?

I could be posting 10s of hands from this tourney alone as it was rich with ~5BB stacks pushing at each other and there were tons of borderline situations I had to deal with. 3 minute blinds are officially my new arch-enemy.

I

Irongirl01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took me a while to get the hang of these 0-2 at first then went onto win 3 in a row....Ive been running well since then and what a great way to win a $26 token for the bigger buyins. As a matter of fact one of my live leaguemates parlayed a $8.80 sng into a $26 token and cashed for $4000+ with a first in one of the guarantees last week.

I generally stay out of the fray of the early raisers unless I have a monster but if I can see some cheap flops I will play a wide variety of hands including suited connectors.

Today I folded 66 and 44 from EP when shortstacked and I went to the final table as the low stack. Finally I pushed all in preflop with 88 and got two callers with a board of 55kk2 and two checkers I tripled up as one of the dudes who called me had 66. Next Hand kk.. all in again UTG.... hit a set and then quads to stack AQ and earn my token... I play super aggressively if short.... If I have a stack I sit back.. I learned my lesson there.. As just about co chip leader in one I tangled with the other big stack and got outdrawn... Lesson learned pick your battles. Goal was to win a token and I could have easily coasted to a final table and have been in good position to earn it.