$8 NLHE: Deep stacked QQ vs other chip leader

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$8 NL HE: Deep stacked QQ vs other chip leader

Been at the table 15 hands and have only seen villain limp once.

500 started tournament and 300 remain, I am chip leader and villain is 3rd in chips.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $80(BB) Replayer
SB ($4,250)
Hero ($15,525)
UTG ($3,410)
UTG+1 ($940)
UTG+2 ($3,788)
MP1 ($1,106)
MP2 ($2,885)
CO ($13,295)
BTN ($5,322)

Dealt to Hero Q Q

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $80, MP2 calls $80, CO raises to $280, fold, fold, Hero calls $200, MP1 raises to $1,106 (AI), fold, CO raises to $3,720, Hero???

wolfie

wolfie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not so tough decision;)
i raiser allin and villian reraising, so can expect minimum a-rag from raiser and
ak suited/high pair from villian .
so you can try to get against at least aces and kings overcards but more than
likely a pocket kings/aces from villian.

i should fold !!

what cards did the showed after the hand was played ?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would hate it but I'd fold

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why fold? What range would you put villain on? KK+ is all that we are really behind and that's a very small range.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call and evaluate the flop, I think we are ahead most of the time and CO has a decent ace and is trying to isolate

IamRude

IamRude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since you just flatted, he could be just trying to iso the all-inner.
I probably would have 4-bet pf.

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I also like raising pre better, as played idk everything is kinda bad...dont really like raising/getting it in or calling now.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think initially calling the raise to 280 and not reraising is a bad mistake.
QQ is not a good hand to play in a multi way pot, and I would raise to about 800 over the top there.

If you had reriased and the short stack had still reraised all in and CO made a big reraise, as in the hand, u would have more info to go in.

Personally I need a lot of action to justify laying down QQ preflop in a tournament and this hand doesn't give that. You can't just put him on AA or KK automatically so I think u need to either call or shove all in over the top.

I think I would shove over the top because you're going to feel pretty sick if you flat call and an ace flops. The good thing about shoving is you may get called by hands like JJ, 1010, 99, AQ as having put in such a big proportion of their stack already a lot of players just won't have the discipline or inclination to now fold those hands.

Another point a lot of players would just flat call the short stack all in with AA or KK, to try and get more action, rather than reraise.

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise all in right there. I would just hope that they don't have AA or KK. Hopefully they just have A K at best and you could just avoid the A and K.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, maybe it was a bad call pre flop. My thinking was that I would not like to get into a massive pot against another chip leader here when we are 150bbs deep. I would rather call and see what the flop brings. If we have an over pair then I would be happy to build the pot. If an A or K comes we can shut down and throw it away.

When you are saying shove over the top, have you really considered how deep we are? 150bbs is a lot and I don't think I would ever want to get my whole stack in without KK or AA. Even if we get it in and win, although we will be a massive chip leader at the moment we still have 300 people left to get through so I am sure we will be caught up to and passed by the bubble...

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still would have pushed. No matter how far we were in... :)

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still would have pushed. No matter how far we were in... :)

So you are saying that even if you were 500bbs deep against the other chip leader in a tournament you would be happy to get all in with QQ?

Just think about it. We are sitting pretty in this tournament. We are chip leader, we have 150bbs+ and we are obviously running pretty well. Even if we get it in against this guy and he will call wide, (lets say 7% of hands, 88+ ATs+ AQo+ KJs+) we are only 60% favorites to win the hand.

If we get all in against this guy and he has us beat we will be down to 2000 which is less than starting stack and only 25bbs. We will then need to start making moves just to keep our tournament alive.

Now if we get all in and win we chip up to 300bbs but we are basically in the same position, sitting pretty with no need to make anything big happen any time soon.

And if we fold, we will get out of the hand only 280 chips down, still chip leader and no pressure on us.

So in the end we have a 60% chance to double up and be a huge chip leader and a 40% chance to be almost bust. Or we have a 100% chance to remain as as we are. I think I know which I would take...