$750 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: QQ on the bubble facing a shove.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game has been reasonably tight, villian has shown herself to be weak tight, and having played with her all night has raised 4 times pre, and limped tonnes, we are 9 hours in. Field is 50 players with 6 places paid, I am in decent shape sitting in ~3rd in chips, villian covers. TBH folding to the initial raise was my first instinct, but failing to cash isnt the end of the world to me either.

My table image is good, and I know most of the players, and its been commented several times i dont raise without a hand, but as usual I've been abusing a bubble thats been lasting over half an hour.

I'm playing on a roll of €18k.

Prize pool is top heavy. 1st €15,000, 2nd €9,000 3rd €4,000, 4th €3,000, 5th €2,500, 6th €1,500.

5000/10000, several short stacks, stacks are approximation. No ante's.

BTN: t480,000
Villan (SB) : t450,000
Hero (BB): t380,500
UTG: t55,000
MP: t145,000
CO: t40,000
Pre Flop: Hero is BB with [QD] [QH]
3 fold,SB RAISE t35,000, BB RAISE t90,000, SB RAISE ALL-IN.

Last edited:
B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sick, but I think I'd fold pretty quick in this spot. Seems like her range is strictly KK+ and even if you could include AK (I don't think you can) I wouldn't risk it because of the other stack sizes. Having played with her for so long on your right you must have a good feel for what she's doing and it doesn't sound like she'd bully you out of the pot after you 3-bet with JJ-.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it looks like a fold here, i'm not certain on this one, but i'm pretty sure we can just call preflop here and play a smaller pot in position? As for calling here, we're either flipping or way behind, i think the range probably includes AK and maybe jacks, but thats stretching it.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it looks like a fold here, i'm not certain on this one, but i'm pretty sure we can just call preflop here and play a smaller pot in position? As for calling here, we're either flipping or way behind, i think the range probably includes AK and maybe jacks, but thats stretching it.

Meh I rekon calling is terrible. How on earth do we play a 228 flop, against the same range ? It costs us the same, but now we have to give a range to any c-bet that go's A8+, 99 + right ? And our raise always has to commit us.

Edit : Unless your suggesting a pure setmine.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hrm, i guess the 3bet preflop we can define this guys range down a lot more, and we pretty much know exactly where we stand in the hand. No i wasn't suggesting a setmine, i think you are right here, just trying to think of differant ways to play this hand..

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone who raises 4 times in 9 hours has a range of like, QQ+/AKs, maybe not even AKs. Online this would be like a 30/1.5 player or something.

pickup

pickup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know that sick feeling you get in a hand like this?? When you call and she shows AA, you just say to yourself I knew it! I JUST FKING KNEW IT! Results please?? very interested...

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She is holding Aces. I can smell them from here. :)

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I folded. I didnt get to see her hand, I think it was very close, but probably because I managed to get busted an orbit later this hand was playing on my mind a bit.

pickup

pickup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear that, better luck next time.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty sure i just jam over her open