T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

By the time the river comes, top pair is basically a bluff catcher I think. I might be losing on the flop already. The turn wasn't great either. Probably should be checking there

I don't know much about villain except they are new and loose so far after 35 hands. Not many are bluffing in this spot, right? Without a club I have to fold, pretty sure.

NL Holdem $0.71+$0.07 (350.00BB)
BB ($50605)
UTG ($54693)
HERO ($89819)
HJ ($52584)
CO ($102198)
BTN ($42106)
SB ($99639)

Dealt to Hero: K Q

UTG Folds, HERO Raises To $921, HJ Calls $875, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [19.89 effective]
Flop ($2597): K 6 8
HERO Bets $1948 (Rem. Stack: $86950), HJ Calls $1948 (Rem. Stack: $49715)

Turn ($6493): K 6 8 7
HERO Bets $4870 (Rem. Stack: $82080), HJ Raises To $17045 (Rem. Stack: $32670), HERO Calls $12175 (Rem. Stack: $69905)

River ($40583): K 6 8 7 T
HERO Checks, HJ Bets $32670 (allin), HERO Folds

HJ wins: $40583

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

By the time the river comes, top pair is basically a bluff catcher I think. I might be losing on the flop already. The turn wasn't great either. Probably should be checking there

I don't know much about villain except they are new and loose so far after 35 hands. Not many are bluffing in this spot, right? Without a club I have to fold, pretty sure.

NL Holdem $0.71+$0.07 (350.00BB)
BB ($50605)
UTG ($54693)
HERO ($89819)
HJ ($52584)
CO ($102198)
BTN ($42106)
SB ($99639)

Dealt to Hero: K Q

UTG Folds, HERO Raises To $921, HJ Calls $875, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [19.89 effective]
Flop ($2597): K 6 8
HERO Bets $1948 (Rem. Stack: $86950), HJ Calls $1948 (Rem. Stack: $49715)

Turn ($6493): K 6 8 7
HERO Bets $4870 (Rem. Stack: $82080), HJ Raises To $17045 (Rem. Stack: $32670), HERO Calls $12175 (Rem. Stack: $69905)

River ($40583): K 6 8 7 T
HERO Checks, HJ Bets $32670 (allin), HERO Folds

HJ wins: $40583

Thank you for posting

In several of your hand shares you are choosing -EV bet sizing on the flop. You continue to build big pots versus villains that are calling high equity hands only with your flop sizing.
Being cautious on ugly boards is good poker not weak poker.

You then make another large bet on turn indicating massive strength by you and that narrows the V's range to hands that beat you and hands that have great equity to call.

The V then raises that strong turn bet and you call. The problem with calling is we have a 1 pair hand on a flush already- straight already -set already- 2 pair already turn card and when any club comes we have to fold river and the V should be shoving 100% of hands that they raised turn with so no way do we get to a show down. We also can only improve to best hand a set-which is still behind sets and straights and flushes that our V can easily have and play like this.

It may help you to take the time to study equity situations on different board textures. Equilab is a program where you can input a V's range and see how much equity KQs has on different types of boards versus a standard V range.

Hope this helps
:):)

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks eetenor. I know I have a long way to go. Your patience is appreciated.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open and sizing looks fine.

Flop
When I flop top pair on a monotone board and dont have a flushdraw to go with it, I almost always check the flop, because that kind of hand is not good enough to go for more than 1 or 2 streets of value. In this case you were out of position, and ideally you would like your opponent to check back and then see a non-club turn, in which case you can go for a delayed continuation bet feeling much more confident, you have the best hand.

Turn
As played I would check now and try to get to a cheap showdown. Instead you put out a large bet and get raised, and at this point I would fold. You are drawing dead against most hands, that do this for value, and even if he is bluffing with the naked ace of clubs, he has 12 outs, and even if he miss, he will be able to bluff you on the river. So you created a situation, where you have no way of winning the hand, and then its time to simply cut your losses.

River
As played an obvious fold. Even on a brick card like 2h, I would still fold. The SPR was almost 20, and then a single pair is never good enough to stack off. Stacking off top pair is typically something, we want to do with an SPR of 6 or lower, and mainly of dry boards. Here a flush was possible already on the flop, and that reduce the value of top pair.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks eetenor. I know I have a long way to go. Your patience is appreciated.

You are doing a great job of sharing your hands and trying to learn from them. Keep up the hard work and you will continue to get better.
The only thing any of us can do is discover a mistake we are making and fix that mistake.

:):)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive seen you post hands from this tournament before and wondering what site it is on since you and others are massively deep stacked? Im guessing its a site not available to me but wondering which it is because I would love to play in tournament with this structure.

As far as the hand goes, pre flop is straight forward. On the flop I like betting here since we do want to charge one club hands to continue and hands that called are raise pre should be heavy in high cards so they will most likely call your bet. However, there is no reason to go that big so I prefer a bet that still makes you holding the flush a possibility, something more like 40-45% of pot and maybe even a little smaller. I doubt if you had a flush here you would be betting 3/4ths pot.

On the turn, its good that its a non club but a lot of 6x or 8x hands that would actually call a raise pre would be 87 or 76 so two pair could have hit. I wouldnt be scared of it but just something that would be on my mind. I can see both checking and betting here. I think I slightly lean towards betting to charge the one club hands that are continuing here but it would be a small bet that would be enough to charge the draws. Anything over 1/3rd but still small would be the bet I would make here and would be folding to a raise most likely unless there is some villain dynamic in the hand.

As played the turn should be a fold and the river is definitely a fold but should not have got there. You made two large bets into them and got a call and a raise, that is not action a one pair hand is likely to be ahead of.

I will add that a previous post mentioned equity calculators. You posted the hand from DriveHUD so I wanted to mention that DriveHUD has an equity calculator in case you didnt know. Click tournament at the top, then go to poker site on the far right middle of the screen, and then there will be a calculator symbol that takes you to the equity calculator.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think, the main fault is the turn bet instead of check fold. However I never would open bet a flop like this with this size, if he is a loose, maniac, he will call almost anything, even an A high, as you were deep stack. If he is a tighter one, more likely without flush draw, set, he will fold for 1/3 pot size bet, too.

The turn, especially after the flop call, makes no sense, he can easily have a combo draw+ hand, so he never will fold....

Anyway, I am curious about what site have this tourney, too.

gl

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you were a little hasty with the bets. The board looks dangerous. The turn is not a very good place to bet. Perhaps a check-call is not a bad decision. When you got a re-raise, you should have think that you were already behind. Now you either believe him or you don't. Because if the opponent has a straight or a flush, then the river will not strengthen you in any case

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive seen you post hands from this tournament before and wondering what site it is on since you and others are massively deep stacked? Im guessing its a site not available to me but wondering which it is because I would love to play in tournament with this structure.

As far as the hand goes, pre flop is straight forward. On the flop I like betting here since we do want to charge one club hands to continue and hands that called are raise pre should be heavy in high cards so they will most likely call your bet. However, there is no reason to go that big so I prefer a bet that still makes you holding the flush a possibility, something more like 40-45% of pot and maybe even a little smaller. I doubt if you had a flush here you would be betting 3/4ths pot.

On the turn, its good that its a non club but a lot of 6x or 8x hands that would actually call a raise pre would be 87 or 76 so two pair could have hit. I wouldnt be scared of it but just something that would be on my mind. I can see both checking and betting here. I think I slightly lean towards betting to charge the one club hands that are continuing here but it would be a small bet that would be enough to charge the draws. Anything over 1/3rd but still small would be the bet I would make here and would be folding to a raise most likely unless there is some villain dynamic in the hand.

As played the turn should be a fold and the river is definitely a fold but should not have got there. You made two large bets into them and got a call and a raise, that is not action a one pair hand is likely to be ahead of.

I will add that a previous post mentioned equity calculators. You posted the hand from DriveHUD so I wanted to mention that DriveHUD has an equity calculator in case you didnt know. Click tournament at the top, then go to poker site on the far right middle of the screen, and then there will be a calculator symbol that takes you to the equity calculator.

Sorry for replying late - but this is what I do for part of my study time.

HP - I'm not sure about OPs site - however - I was wondering the exact same thing as you because it looked like a tourney I used to play on ACR.
ACR has a very similar structured event at the micro level. It used to be a $1.10 400gtd hyper, but they have been fiddling with the GTD's lately - so I don't know what the GTD for this tourney is now. I do know it is a $1.05 buy-in though.
It is a daily event - but after a while of playing it nearly every day - and winning it once or twice - I decided to stop playing it because the hyper structure reduces my edge vs the field and increases the luck factor for the donks.
It is a fun event to play though - I'm certain each player starts with 350bb, but the blind levels are 3 minute levels, and the blinds double each level (I think). They certainly don't go up by a small amount - that I am certain of. :)

I almost reg'ed it the other day - I think it might be a 300gtd now - but I was making a deep run in two other events - so I bypassed it. Might play it now that we have talked about it. :)

Folding in Poker