Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$75 NL HE Deep Stacked: interesting spot with top two

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 20/6/4

23K guaranteed 6max deepstack tourney @ Full Tilt
last 100 with 42 places paid. We both are in the top 10.
what could he have here?

full tilt poker Game #18489150249: $22,500 Guarantee (139863311), Table 23 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:02:16 ET - 2010/02/15
Seat 1: OkanT (23,221)
Seat 2: mustydog_low (3,325)
Seat 3: Beckpc (6,050)
Seat 4: Stuckcee (22,221)
Seat 5: DiscoSkoo (11,224)
OkanT posts the small blind of 100
mustydog_low posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OkanT [Qh Jd]
Beckpc calls 200
Stuckcee calls 200
DiscoSkoo folds
OkanT calls 100
mustydog_low has 15 seconds left to act
mustydog_low checks
*** FLOP *** [6d Qc Ts]
OkanT checks
mustydog_low checks
Beckpc checks
Stuckcee has 15 seconds left to act
Stuckcee bets 800
OkanT calls 800
mustydog_low folds
Beckpc folds
*** TURN *** [6d Qc Ts] [Jc]
OkanT checks
Stuckcee bets 2,400
OkanT calls 2,400
*** RIVER *** [6d Qc Ts Jc] [8h]
OkanT checks
Stuckcee bets 7,200
OkanT has 15 seconds left to act
OkanT has requested TIME
OkanT folds
Uncalled bet of 7,200 returned to Stuckcee
Stuckcee mucks
Stuckcee wins the pot (7,200)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7,200 | Rake 0
Board: [6d Qc Ts Jc 8h]
Seat 1: OkanT (small blind) folded on the River
Seat 2: mustydog_low (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Beckpc folded on the Flop
Seat 4: Stuckcee collected (7,200), mucked
Seat 5: DiscoSkoo (button) didn't bet (folded)

steak vegita

steak vegita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could have Ace 9? Just tryin to limp in and steal the pot but ending up getting lucky on the river. Just like the hand on the other thread with Elkey and whats his name.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are we check calling the turn? Outside of 66 does villain really be the second limp-in 5 handed with AK QQ JJ TT (hint: no). Would he limp K9 preflop? (Prob not) If so would he bet a QT6 flop into 4 players with it? (supremely unlikely). Same goes for 98.

So outside of 66 we pretty much have the best hand for sure on a turn which brought quite a few draws to the board. Raise to 10k to protect our stack, foldout drawing hands and possibly extract from QT or KQ/KJ. I understand the pot control aspect, but this is a spot where we can get value from worse and we don't mind folds here since we protect from multiple draws in a spot where villains are liable to lay down with 1 card to come and stack preversation is key

As for the way the hand was played out, I think I still call. It doesn't really make sense for him to have a 9 in his hand given the range of hands that both limp preflop 2nd in and bet into 3 other players on a QT6 board (and then bet large on a J turn) is next to none.... I'd be slightly more inclined to fold if we had some read that villain limps speculative hands (I don't mean 'trouble hands', I mean a step down like Q9 and other borderline trash along that nature) and bet lightly

Last edited:
T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah c/c the turn sucks here as the J gives us top two but it also brings alot of draws.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had around 100 hands on villian.
despite the stats i thought he was playing too many hands at the time, so the speculative hands can easily be in his range imo.
about the turn, i may agree with c/c being wrong but if i check raise there then now i have to play for stacks and i didnt have the courage to do that when i was in the top 5 with top pair on a very coordinated board. and if i donk bet there i think it looks weak, or at least makes my hand face up.
The most confusing thing for me was he bet pot on each street, i cant really think of any hand that would bet that strong on each street.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i had around 100 hands on villian.
despite the stats i thought he was playing too many hands at the time, so the speculative hands can easily be in his range imo.
about the turn, i may agree with c/c being wrong but if i check raise there then now i have to play for stacks and i didnt have the courage to do that when i was in the top 5 with top pair on a very coordinated board. and if i donk bet there i think it looks weak, or at least makes my hand face up.
The most confusing thing for me was he bet pot on each street, i cant really think of any hand that would bet that strong on each street.

Snap call anything this guy throws out there. :D L@@K at his sharkscope!

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to c/r the turn here.. I find a 9 quite unlikely in his hand but I can understand the fold on the river...
were you playing scared money cause you didnt feel comfortable raising on the turn cause you were at the top of the chipleaders??

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think the river fold was correct. He's got a hand more often than a bluff when he 3 barrels. I think i would have led the flop for info, as check calling puts u in a tough spot not knowing where your at, and check raising could kill action from a lot of Tens and you could get reraised and have to fold.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like he had you. I don't think he had a 9, betting was too strong before the 8 came. My best guess would be 66. He probably put you on a draw and took your river check as a miss, so he felt fine firing into it.

Who knows, might have even had AK and was trying to be tricky by limping, maybe hoping to slowplay if he hit on the flop? If he's a bad player who overvalues it, it could happen...flop bet would be a semi and once the J hits he's golden. I dunno, might be too much of a stretch.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to c/r the turn here.. I find a 9 quite unlikely in his hand but I can understand the fold on the river...
were you playing scared money cause you didnt feel comfortable raising on the turn cause you were at the top of the chipleaders??

yeah not scared money but scared chips. we were both in the top 10.