$7 NLHE STT Turbo: $$7 NLHE STT Turbo: Your action here with 77?

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me I feel it is always a shove in this spot with 77 but am curious what others think.

Like all trubo 6max SNGs most of the table was aggressive including myself. Sorry, I don't own tracking software so no stats.

Hand#3324DE667A000037 - DoubleUp Turbo NLH 6-max - $7 T14575226 -- CASH -- $6.68 + $0.32 -- 6 Max -- Table 1 -- 20/75/150 NL Hold'em -- 2013/05/12 - 00:31:47
Dealer: Seat 8
Seat 1: xKingpin (2,052 in chips)
Seat 3: tnlpoker (1,035 in chips)
Seat 8: smew 911 (1,674 in chips)
Seat 9: MUCHLOVE1980 (2,526 in chips)
Seat 10: Joker41673 (1,713 in chips)
xKingpin: posts ante of 20
tnlpoker: posts ante of 20
smew 911: posts ante of 20
MUCHLOVE1980: posts ante of 20
Joker41673: posts ante of 20
MUCHLOVE1980: posts small blind 75
Joker41673: posts big blind 150
Dealt to Joker41673 [7h,7d]
xKingpin: folds
tnlpoker: folds
smew 911: raises to 750
MUCHLOVE1980: folds
Joker41673: is all in 1,543
smew 911: is all in 904

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold imo. We have no fold equity so unless he's doing this with A7 or less/66 or less we shouldn't be shoving here.

I shove if he limps btw.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well one thing is for sure - it is either shove or fold. A call is out of the question.

No read makes this a little bit trickier - but with villain opening with over 3/4 of his stack makes me go WTF???!??!?!?!?!?!

After being stunned by such a move I have to figure he sure does seem to want to avoid action so yeah - SHOVE. Worst case is probably two overs. if I lose I am still in it.

But I notice the stacks don't seem right on the all in versus the start of hand stacks????

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the responses. The table is very aggressive for this is a turbo 6man so there was never any limps. Any player acting 1st raised pre no matter what hand they had.

Media - all the chips add up for me
Joker 1,713 in chips at start
ante 20
BB 150
All-in 1,543

smew 1,674 in chps
ante 20
bet 750
call 904

Though his bet of 5BB wasn't 3/4ths of his stack I think you touched base on what I should have been paying attention to, the 45% of his stack in pre doesn't look good here in hindsight.

I guess my problem comes from watching others. In a turbo format a lot of players will push all-in pre with pocket pairs, or at least it seems that way to me I should say. I know 77 beats any combo of overcards barring higher pocket pairs.

Well, I'd like to post the rest of the HH but I just can't find Juicystakes HH again. LOL I know I lost but can't remember if it was overcards or higher pocket pair... really doesn't matter does it?

Maybe I should consider raising the bar some for all-ins to 99+.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh wow - for some reason I got stuck on it being tnlpoker and not smew.
makes me less inclined to shove now - but it is all determined by read on the opponent.

still definitely shove or fold - no middle ground on this one.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ez fold in a double up imo

I

inflnlte

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a fold most of the time. I dont think the raiser will ever fold and you'll be a flip at best. If he raises less, you can shove imo.

IceRedefined111

IceRedefined111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. You still have 10 BBs and NO NO NO fold equity EVER! So against a huge range that you are either beat by or flipping against most of the time, why risk your tourney life? This is the kind of situation that separates the learning player from the strong players. You don't HAVE TO flip w 10BBs. 5, absolutely.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been waiting for days to come back here and post.... thank you Mr. or Mrs. Forum fixer upper person. :p

I can see you thoughts about holding out because we have 10bb here and when checking over this I left out something I feel is important. This "super" turbo has 3 minute blinds. No excuse just saying.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like a call to me, but i havent played in two years so i could be very wrong.

mauikisi

mauikisi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played I think I would fold.

Of course he could be donking around with a KT type of hand (that's why if we could have his stats we could make a better analysis), but you would be flipping in that case, and also, since the table was too agressive he might be doing this move with a strong hand in order to have maximum value from it.

Too risky imo considering is a double up sit n go, and also since you said that this was a very agressive table, I think is best to play it safe and let them eliminate themselves.

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slam dunk fold in a double-up. I would probably even fold TT.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ops it's a DON, cant believe ppl play these things :p

yeah folding then as well.

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would help knowing some about the player´s way of playing... but from the info we have I would have folded... no need to risk the game on this hand.
He probably have AX or any 2 higher cards... though you have a bit over 50% chance of winning.. its an even hand.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would fold. Doesn't really look like villian wants any action or to even see a flop, such a spazzy raise, probably has a medium pair or Ax, maybe even JQ or suited K10. Either way your most likely a under dog/coinflip

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm snap shove, lot of scared money in here.

77 5 handed, yea I'll take that 20 times out of 20 vs 2 overs. Give me the made hand please. He has AK here so many more times than he has anything that beats you with that silly raise.

I can not fathom so many people telling you to fold here. Giving a guy in a $7 turbo way too much credit.

You guys don't want to flip but in STT turbo's they always come down to a bunch of flips. Gonna have to do it sooner or later, he shoves, wins hand he's in a great position. He can bully the table and basically moonwalk his way to the cash double up.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ummm snap shove, lot of scared money in here.

77 5 handed, yea I'll take that 20 times out of 20 vs 2 overs. Give me the made hand please. He has AK here so many more times than he has anything that beats you with that silly raise.

I can not fathom so many people telling you to fold here. Giving a guy in a $7 turbo way too much credit.

You guys don't want to flip but in STT turbo's they always come down to a bunch of flips. Gonna have to do it sooner or later, he shoves, wins hand he's in a great position. He can bully the table and basically moonwalk his way to the cash double up.

Perhaps you missed where OP mentioned it was a DoN?

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say your a dog over 50% of time, and coinflip under 50%of time. Hes on the button but not that desparate.

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't read the other responses sadly, but imo it's a fold against a 5x open, I think you have near to no fold equity, judging by sizing and stack sizes, and the way it's played out it seems if you shove you are just playing the guessing game

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps you missed where OP mentioned it was a DoN?

I sure did - in a vacuum this is a fold. And with no stats that is pretty much where we are.
If the Villain had already proved to be very wild and loose I might get it in - but even then you have to realize that 77, if ahead preflop, is more than likely still a coin flip (putting him on a TJ+ range) and sitting on the button with and a middle chipstack seems like a good place to watch the world go by for now.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not aware that this is a snap fold then don't play DoNs.