$7.50 NLHE MTT: Call 15bb push from sb with 55?

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sucks my hud wasnt working, cus pt4 is poo and also boom wasnt working for some reason.

Capture

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on villain but highly doubt this can be a profitable call vs anyone.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold it. 15bb you both have time to find a better spot. He probably has a real hand so you are flipping at best. you will find a better spot where you can be the aggressor.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold it. 15bb you both have time to find a better spot. He probably has a real hand so you are flipping at best. you will find a better spot where you can be the aggressor.

When our stack only 15bb , coinflip its very profitable when SBvsBB ... We can no longer sit with the size of the stack and the need to take risks, flipping it is very good , This is the best scenario..

So easy call , with any pairs and Ax ,, This will be very profitable SBvsBB when we have less 20bb..

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call here. This is the best situation we can get.

I doubt if he has also a pair.

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
55 isnt a call here for me...sorry

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is actually pretty close. I think either calling or folding have merits and both are fine.

Given you have no stats on villain, it's really difficult to give a more accurate answer. What also makes this difficult to answer is how you have been playing in the BB this is actually quite important, if for example you have been tight and rarely 3B this becomes an easier call because he doesn't want to give the illusion you have fold equity so doesn't want to raise/fold so I'd for sure put him on quite a weak hand and remove all his better hands which have us crushed. If you have been 3 betting a lot he would almost always just raise/call off with a stronger hand.

However given it's BvB and it's 15bb, there are antes I think more times than not I'm calling here because (villain dependent of course some might balance) we can take away all his premiums hands for a start. I expect people to take this line OOP with pairs like 22-66 because they just simply don't want to see a flop and it's a profitable shove for sure.

Hands like 77-99 "might" opt for a open shove although this doesn't seem correct, to just open shove. TT+ just wouldn't open shove and if they did, would be pretty terrible. We can also include some suited connections all Ax+ some K9o and maybe some broadways like QJo/KJo.

Vs a 20% range we have 57% equity and with the dead money, being a MTT it is a profitable call based on those assumptions.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
easy call i guess.. cos he s trying to put u off by shoving there.. i wld call anygiven time

C

cantwinaflip

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as he is constructing his SB shoving range correctly here given his stack size I think this is a very standard call.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cannot answer without stats and AGAIN ICM considerations, etc.

I lean towards it being a call in a vacuum, but stats (steal) matter a lot here as does ICM.

This isn't as clear as some in this thread thinks it is. The overlay isn't there, and it isn't clear flipping is a great outcome without knowing the ICM issues. It could be a horrible outcome for us.

For instance if we are on/nearing a bubble and there are multiple SS's that are about to be hit by blinds....this would be an super easy muck.