Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
  2. Turbo
Currency
$
This one is from a 7,5$ "Hot" PKO on pokerstars. Opponent was playing VPIP 60 / PFR 47 with a 3-bet of 40% over 15 hands. Starting stack 5.000 chips, he had the starting bounty. Do you fold at any point in the hand?

PokerStars, $6.69 + $0.81 - Hold'em No Limit - 30/60 (8 ante) - 7 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 4,988 (83 bb)
MP: 4,471 (75 bb)
MP+1: 8,317 (139 bb)
CO: 5,007 (83 bb)
BU: 9,255 (154 bb)
SB (Hero): 5,156 (86 bb)
BB: 4,104 (68 bb)

Pre-Flop: (146) Hero is SB with T♣ A♠
3 players fold, CO raises to 120, 1 fold, Hero calls 90, BB 3-bets to 536, 1 fold, Hero calls 416

Flop: (1,248) 4♠ 5♦ T♠ (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets 3,560 (all-in), Hero?

Last edited:
Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a close decision between a call and a fold, it is unlikely that he will play premium hands like this, with the exception of JJ, often in such a game there may be a flush draw and pairs 66 77 88 99, you need to make a decision on the situation, bluffs and semi-bluffs are also quite a few

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don`t think calling a 3bet at that sieze is a good play and I would not call the shove. opponents hand are pocket pairs or AK or AQ, so you have to have something that say other wise to act on him like. A PFR And 3 bet at that size might be an excuse…

still is it worth it to flip so early in the tournamnet with a semi good hand, it is not suited,

attacking that kind of player you need to be selective about your hands, then you will crush villan easy in the long run.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dunno tf is going on pre
but if you flat here and get basically a dream flop we are going with it for sure
Hope this helps and Good Luck
also before posting thought id add that id 3b fold pre instead or fold right away. im awful sb player and trying to avoid it/simplify as much as possible

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the comments. Here are my own thoughts on the hand:

Preflop
I will sometimes 3-bet this hand from SB against a CO open, but this time I elected to just call. I think, both are profitable plays against a min-raise in a game with antes. If the open was coming from EP, I would just fold. I had actually not noticed the maniac on my left, so his 3-bet kind of took me by surprice. Normally ATo would be a fold against a big 3-bet out of position, but folding decent hands to 3-bets from someone with a 40% 3-bet (even over a small sample) is not a thing in my opinion. If he was a bit shorter, it might even be a 4-bet jam, but for 68 bigs that seems a bit to wild even against a maniac, and I did not want to make a small 4-bet, which we will never fold to, and only bloat the pot further. So I just made the call.

Flop
Pretty good flop for AT, and what does this wild jam even represent? I beat him into the pot, and this is the result: