H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$.60 NL HE 6-max Turbo: do i call all in with villian m=2-3

it's a 9 player table not 6 man

Stage #1519061004 Tourney ID 1966250 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $200 - 2009-03-10 00:17:08 (ET)
Table: 27490716 (real money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 1 - CHEESE MAN ($2650 in chips)
Seat 2 - UBFIDDY ($2785 in chips)
Seat 3 - PLAYER0FALL ($1270 in chips)
Seat 4 - DDB420 ($870 in chips)
Seat 5 - BEAT_COWBOY ($2600 in chips)
Seat 6 - GRIZZLEYB ($970 in chips)
Seat 7 - JAKESNAKE55 ($1035 in chips)
Seat 8 - 8TEE2305 ($1320 in chips)
GRIZZLEYB - Posts small blind $100
JAKESNAKE55 - Posts big blind $200
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to JAKESNAKE55 [Ac 9h]
8TEE2305 - Folds
CHEESE MAN - Folds
UBFIDDY - Folds
PLAYER0FALL - Folds
DDB420 - All-In(Raise) $870 to $870
BEAT_COWBOY - Folds
GRIZZLEYB - Folds
JAKESNAKE55 - Calls $670
*** FLOP *** [8c 4d Jh]
*** TURN *** [8c 4d Jh] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [8c 4d Jh Js] [3d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
DDB420 - Shows [3c 3s] (Full house, threes full of jacks)
JAKESNAKE55 - Shows [Ac 9h] (One pair, jacks)
DDB420 Collects $1840 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($1840)
Board [8c 4d Jh Js 3d]
Seat 1: CHEESE MAN Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 2: UBFIDDY Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: PLAYER0FALL Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: DDB420 won Total ($1840) All-In HI:($1840) with Full house, threes full of jacks [3c 3s - P:3s,B:3d,P:3c,B:Js,B:Jh]
Seat 5: BEAT_COWBOY (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: GRIZZLEYB (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: JAKESNAKE55 (big blind) HI:lost with One pair, jacks [Ac 9h - B:Js,B:Jh,P:Ac,P:9h,B:8c]
Seat 8: 8TEE2305 Folded on the POCKET CARDS

Last edited:
A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure exactly what kind of response your looking for here, hes in the CO raising your BB all in. Blinds 100/200 so just over 4XBB what did you think this guys range was to open with? A9 isnt a premium hand, id fold.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is actually really interesting. When I first skimmed my initial reaction was 'insta-call.' However, having seen your stack size and villains position I realised it was a close call. I punched a few things into Stove and found against 20% of his range we have 45% equity. This is the range I believe him to be pushing with in his position with his chip stack:

22+, A4s+, KTs+, QJs, JTs, A6o+, KJo+

I have mix and matched a little bit to get this 20%, for instance by including all the pairs instead of a funky K9s or A2o, but this is a realistic range for a SnG.

It was close so I went to SnG Wizard. With stack sizes as they are and villains position I punched in the same 20%, and it came up as a fold with the calling range for this position set to:

55+, AT+, A9s+

At 21% pushing range for the villain we can include A9o. So this really is incredibly tight and any read on villain, even if he shoved previous hand or if this is his first shove, could sway it.

I fold here in the end simply because I think even once the blinds go through we can find a better spot to get first in vigorish (sp?) and because it is essentially our entire stack we are calling off here in a total borderline decision. In a borderline decision to shove I would shove but calling I prefer folding and holding on a bit.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm folding here for the simple fact that I would not be calling 80%+ of my stack with a weak Ace.

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is actually really interesting. When I first skimmed my initial reaction was 'insta-call.' However, having seen your stack size and villains position I realised it was a close call. I punched a few things into Stove and found against 20% of his range we have 45% equity. This is the range I believe him to be pushing with in his position with his chip stack:

22+, A4s+, KTs+, QJs, JTs, A6o+, KJo+

I think your pretty dead on with his range, I might lower it 22+, A10+o, A10s.

I mean where the blinds are at and his stack size he had to make a move there, i think i may a loose call with a9o. Anyway u can tell me what the pertcentage a9o against 33 heads up?

E

EvilEmperor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If villain is any sort of player at all your call with A9o is OK. With a stack of just over 4bb villain should be open shoving wide range (any A,K, 2 broadways, pairs, sc's, most Q's and some J's) that you stand to be ahead of. You have only 5bb yourself so you need to be gambling a bit to get your stack growing as well.

The call is marginal +ev for this one hand but it also sends a message to other players that you wont be waiting for big pairs to make a stand. This is important IMO as players will be looking for the tightest players to steal blinds from. You don't really have luxury of waiting for premium pair here so call here is standard.

I know some would suggest folding here and then open shoving later is better because you have fold equity as well but the blinds are so high that you've got to open up your calling range. If you had 10bb stack then folding might be better option but with only 5bb you've got to gamble with A9o.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your pretty dead on with his range, I might lower it 22+, A10+o, A10s.

I mean where the blinds are at and his stack size he had to make a move there, i think i may a loose call with a9o. Anyway u can tell me what the pertcentage a9o against 33 heads up?

If he is pushing with 22 he is pushing with A6s.

A9o against 33 is a coinflip, 52% 48% in favour of the 33.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think ur ahead of his range in this situation seeing as he is sooo short and if i were in his position, im shoving ATC
i would still probably call but its a much easier decision to make if u have reads on villain

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think ur ahead of his range in this situation seeing as he is sooo short and if i were in his position, im shoving ATC
i would still probably call but its a much easier decision to make if u have reads on villain

yea i did not have much of a read on the villian other than he is tight he only play one other hand and i believe he was in the big blind. I think i was wrong for calling, but another part me says it was the right call. but yea thanks everyone for your response.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm folding here for the simple fact that I would not be calling 80%+ of my stack with a weak Ace.
On the other hand, I would make this a snap-call provided I had at least 4x the chips of SS