$6 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Flat then Donk bet repeatedly- Final Table

J

jwalshy36

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain with 3 seats to my left. I had been playing semi aggressively in LP while close to the bubble.

HERO 47,580- CO
Villain 92,210- BB

Blinds 1000/2000 Antes (150)

HERO AcQc raises 4500 in CO
Villain Flat calls 4500 in BB

FLOP: 7h4d2h

Villain donks 6000
HERO calls

TURN: 10s

Villain 8000
Hero FOLDS

He kept going with this move several times after. I am sure the correct play was fold on the flop. Maybe not...Flush draw/Air? How do you combat this stupid a** move that I am starting to see a lot more vs Late Open Raises?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm going to defer to more experienced players on this one, but I'm thinking that if you miss the flop completely and have position, when the villain bets into you the worst thing you can do is just call.

Either fold, or if you think he has nothing then raise. I would think that if he flopped a set then he would more likely check the flop and wait for you to c-bet, then check-raise you.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm going to defer to more experienced players on this one, but I'm thinking that if you miss the flop completely and have position, when the villain bets into you the worst thing you can do is just call.

Either fold, or if you think he has nothing then raise. I would think that if he flopped a set then he would more likely check the flop and wait for you to c-bet, then check-raise you.
Calling in position is fine on the flop.

If villain has been repeatedly calling pre & donking... why not just ship it over their donkbet here? (your stack is perfect size for doing this imo)

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Either fold, or if you think he has nothing then raise.
Why? AQ is ahead of nearly all random air, and indeed only marginally behind incomplete draws. Calling is exactly right if you think Villain has jack shit.

The problem is I don't think most people have gobshite when they donk into you.

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a poket maybee for him or a big bluff with stack .
fold on flop .