$6.50 NLHE Turbo STT: 12bb's, 66 in CO preflop

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$6.50 NL HE Turbo STT: 12bb's, 66 in CO preflop

I debated not posting this because it seems really open-ended and read-dependent (or it could actually be really simple and I'm over-thinking). But maybe it'll start some discussion?...

Basically, I feel like raising, shoving, and folding all have merit here. State your case, and what conditions you'd look for in each scenario.

Full Tilt - $6+$0.50|50/100 NL - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: 1,320.00
Hero (CO): 1,200.00
BTN: 4,695.00
SB: 1,805.00
BB: 3,300.00
UTG: 1,180.00

SB posts SB 50.00, BB posts BB 100.00

Pre Flop: (150.00) Hero has 6:club: 6:heart:

fold, fold, Hero ???

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like raising with only 12 BBs left, especially with a big stack in the BB. There aren't many flops we are happy to see, and we are often c/f.

Having said that, I would treat this as standard ICM. I'm a bit rusty since I've been on hiatus for the past few weeks, but I would guess this is probably a fold, simply because there are two big stacks in front of you, you aren't in a "dire" situation yet (still > 10 BBs), and 66 is the kind of hand where you are either racing or crushed. Still, if the remaining 3 players to act have all been tight (i.e. they achieved their big stacks by just waiting for QQ+ and got it in), I might be more inclined to make a move...but it is still risky.

If I were less lazy, I'd toss this into SnG WiZ and see what it says. Maybe later....

Edit: Couldn't resist, plugged it in. It's borderline, really depends on if you think the big stacks would call you with a less than premium holding. I put the 4k stack at 10.5% and the 3k at 12%, Wizard said fold with a Diff of 0.11. Overall, pretty borderline, if you've been folding alot then you could probably get it in here and have more fold equity than if you've been stealing often. Any hint of a loose big-stack though and this becomes a fold.

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're never raising in this spot so it has very little merit. we have to fold to a 3bet and if were called it puts us in a stupid position postflop.

So we're left with two options shove or fold. It seems like a nuetral shove spot to me. So, when it doubt, go the aggressive route. shove it.

66 is definately the bottom of my shoving range here though, you have to be careful. If we're shorter in chips it becomes a easier shove, if we're on the button its and easier shove, if we're in the hijack it becomes an easy fold, if we're on the bubble, it becomes and easy fold.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll just end up repeating what's been said above: raising is awkward so that leaves us with shoving or folding.

It's true that we're not in the dangerous <10BB zone yet but this is a turbo so we soon will be. First and second have a big lead and the rest of you have roughly even stacks so I figure we'll need to pick up chips at some point to have a chance of cashing and I'm OK with a bit of a gamble here. I think I shove and I don't mind if I get called in a coinflip.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are there any hands that are worth open raising here?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are there any hands that are worth open raising here?

AA-QQ/JJ to induce some action? Other than that your just making your life harder by raising, instead of shoving. We want easier decisions, not harder ones. It can affect the amount of multitabling you can produce, which kills your $$/hour rate, which is really the only important thing i think.

There are a few schools of thought when it comes to open shoving stack sizes, Some say 10bb's or less, some 12, some 15. I generally follow the 12BB and below. But on the SB i will happily shove in a 15bb stack no problems, especially to a 3betty BB.