$6.50 NLHE Turbo: Good Shove with 6 left?

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$6.50 NL HE Turbo: Good Shove with 6 left?

Is this a good shove after the re-raise? I don't have my PT stats, as I am not playing on my normal computer, but I 3bet twice before, once with KK and once with QQ, both of which did not make the showdown.

EDIT: Only 5 left, not 6.

full tilt poker Game #14059403158: $6 + 0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (103587383), Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:27:00 ET - 2009/08/16
Seat 1: Daniloks (2,660)
Seat 5: BuckeyeMeek (4,075)
Seat 6: jhatche2 (3,400)
Seat 7: LittleTroll (1,495)
Seat 8: strikeone25 (1,870)
strikeone25 posts the small blind of 100
Daniloks posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BuckeyeMeek [Qh Qs]
BuckeyeMeek raises to 600
jhatche2 folds
LittleTroll folds
strikeone25 folds
Daniloks raises to 1,200
BuckeyeMeek raises to 4,075, and is all in
Daniloks calls 1,460, and is all in
BuckeyeMeek shows [Qh Qs]
Daniloks shows [Ad As]
Uncalled bet of 1,415 returned to BuckeyeMeek
*** FLOP *** [Kh 5d Ah]
*** TURN *** [Kh 5d Ah] [9s]
*** RIVER *** [Kh 5d Ah 9s] [6d]
BuckeyeMeek shows a pair of Queens
Daniloks shows three of a kind, Aces
Daniloks wins the pot (5,420) with three of a kind, Aces
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,420 | Rake 0
Board: [Kh 5d Ah 9s 6d]
Seat 1: Daniloks (big blind) showed [Ad As] and won (5,420) with three of a kind, Aces
Seat 5: BuckeyeMeek showed [Qh Qs] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 6: jhatche2 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: LittleTroll (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: strikeone25 (small blind) folded before the Flop

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a reraise i would have called too see a flop make sure there was no overs then checked too see about possible better hands

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a reraise i would have called too see a flop make sure there was no overs then checked too see about possible better hands

The more I think about it, the more I think I should have called and saw a flop. I had plenty of chips and shouldn't have risked them on what was at best a race.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No reads on the opponent?? You've probably been at the table together for a while. Is his minraise 3-bet normal? 1st time? etc. If this minraise 3-bet was the 1st time and he was a pretty tight player then I might even fold this preflop since QQ vs AA/KK is not a race. The only race you have is AK vs QQ and if I can put opponents range to be mostly A8-AK, KQ, 88-QQ then I'm shoving my 4-bet all day.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call and fold to any resistance on that flop.

I

Im_depressed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get it in pre and stop being results oriented. Standard poker and variance. This is a turbo 18 man, what are you waiting for? Kings or better?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
His Min-Raise is such an obvious trap as he's obviously pot-committed and praying for action imo.. surely he must know his tranparent bet conveys this. He would've been better off to flat or just shove w AA (<< the shove would've looked weaker... personally I would've been happier to call his shove than his 'min-raise'.. or to shove over it).

What else could his 'min-raise' mean here??

I

Im_depressed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His Min-Raise is such an obvious trap as he's obviously pot-committed and praying for action imo.. surely he must know his tranparent bet conveys this. He would've been better off to flat or just shove w AA (<< the shove would've looked weaker... personally I would've been happier to call his shove than his 'min-raise'.. or to shove over it).

What else could his 'min-raise' mean here??

fwiw it's not a min. raise. Min raise would be to 1k. Still the same though.

His min. raise could be 8s+ and AJs+ if he's bad. If he's competent let's say JJ+ and AQs+. Whatever it is, it still means he's committing himself and going with it.

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- You made the right play here- In the case of a flip... you are looking good... in this case he had the best but we are talking about a 6 handed game.. so the chances of him having AA or KK (the only two hands that beat you are considerably less) Also if you just make a call you know he is going to have a Stop and Go on you unless he is looking at a low PP, but if he did have a low PP he would have just pushed on your raise.... So having said that i would have put him on AK AJ KJ some hand like that Where he does have one MAYBE two over cards... But, misreads are part of the game... don't let it make you less agressive with queens in these situations... You made the right play i think