$6.50 NLHE STT Turbo: SS UTG bubble 33

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard tight bubble must shove >6 BB's correct? Myabe not ATC but 22+ right?

Full Tilt
- $6+0.50 $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (#215090172) - Blinds: 200/400 No Limit Hold'em (4 players)
Full Tilt Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB: t2,490
BB: t3,150
UTG Hero: t2,335
BTN: t5,525

Pre-flop: (t600) Hero is UTG and dealt :3c4: :3d4:
Hero shoves?

I know I promised some big stack questions so next on will be one.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your reads but generally I'd say no. The issue is that if you get called you're off to the races which is not really ideal on the bubble. You've still got a little bit of time, so I think I'd fold.

I do think that the fact that the player to your left is the chip leader might make this a little closer to a push, because your SB steal attempts might not be as profitable. But still probably a fold.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah in the CO on the bubble, it's easily the most risk averse positions in a 9 man.

So having to shove into 3 players, and we have roughly three guys on the same stack size, it makes us even more risk averse.

And also, don't discount how much of equity we actually gain by just folding and letting the other three players do something stupid.

Pretty good CJ, thinking about the future having to shove into the Bigger stack. But also note that the bigger stack can also shove into the other guys pretty wide too. So taking note of things such as, is he a passive CL or an aggressive one. If he's aggressive, then we can afford to fold into him more, as he will likely exert pressure on the others, if passive, we are forced into shoving into him wider. There's a ton of other things we can think about with bubble spots, and even in the mid-game, leading up to the bubble, looking at how the stack sizes are set.

You can actually model this in SNG Wizard. Below the actual analysis of the hand is the break down of what could happpen. Of course the modeling sucks, so changing all those ranges based on what we know about players can give you a really accurate result. It's something you should really change in a lot of bubble situations and close to bubble situations, as small changes in those ranges can give you a much differant result.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow I just dont see how I can fold here. we eat the blinds next(plus this is a turbo so blinds probably increasing soon and we are gonna have problems stealing as our stack will be pretty weak when we get to the sb. I agree that CO on the bubble is the most risk adverse position but to me the biggest risk here is folding as things could get ugly in a hurry once we fold this hand.