$6.50 NLHE STT Turbo: First 3/7 hands. Push/fold situations+?

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a series of what I thought were important hands mid-late tourney.

These will be the first three out of seven in one SNG. I will post what I can remember about each situation before hand. I will get next 4 hands in next thread. They are all in a row I think. The results won't be blocked because I think it's important for what happens later.
Okay now, here we go:

1) Table has pretty much shut down and this is one place I'm looking to try to get more aggressive in mid stages in late position. Is this correct?

Full Tilt - $6+0.50 $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (#215031865) - Blinds: 150/300 No Limit Hold'em (5 players)
Full Tilt Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB: t2,700
BB: t1,995
UTG: t4,620
CO: t1,870
BTN Hero: t2,315

Pre-flop: (t450) Hero is BTN and dealt :jc4: :9d4:
2 folds, Hero raises t2,315 (All-in), SB calls t2,165, BB folds

Flop: (t4,930) :ac4: :4s4: :js4: (2 players)

Turn: (t4,930) :ac4: :4s4: :js4: :9h4: (2 players)

River: (t4,930) :ac4: :4s4: :js4: :9h4: :8d4: (2 players)

2) This hand is a little later. I think it may be before BB ask me if I was stupid:). Table still fairly tight and now bubble. Note that the BB is the same person I won against in previous hand. Good shove with chiplead but not here? I wouldn't even dream of shoving this at the $2.25's without good read. I think this shove maybe borderline at best, but I also think villian will fold most of the time here based on what I've seen so far.

Full Tilt - $6+0.50 $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (#215031865) - Blinds: 200/400 No Limit Hold'em (4 players)

SB Hero: t3,250
BB: t4,930
UTG: t1,750
BTN: t3,570

Pre-flop: (t600) Hero is SB and dealt :7d4: :10h4:
2 folds, Hero raises t3,050 (All-in), BB folds, Hero returned t2,850

3) One round has went by since next hand I get KJ against same villian. Think he might be steaming a little from me stealing, but hasn't said anything yet. Anyway KJo is most likely the best hand and again I haven't seen this guy defend yet. If I were chipleader this would prolly be no brainer shove here, correct? I think so anyway.

Full Tilt - $6+0.50 $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (#215031865) - Blinds: 200/400 No Limit Hold'em (4 players)

SB: t1,350
BB: t3,570
UTG Hero: t3,650
BTN: t4,930

Pre-flop: (t600) Hero is UTG and dealt :jh4: :ks4:
Hero ?

This is part one. Part two coming soon. Please let the opinions roll:).

Last edited by a moderator:
cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are hands 2) and 3) the same?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, i'm going to try to look at this from your point of view and tell you what i'd do, without reading into results in the future.

J9- It's certainly toward the bottom of my range, and this is heavily influenced on the blinds, but against random unknowns, i'm shoving this all day. If they are really loose then it becomes and easy fold, if they are tight, then we can shove a little wider.

710- Not a huge fan of this shove, with the shortstack at the table, and having just shown down the j9 hand, i'm pretty sure it's a fold. Reason is that the BB has us outchipped which has to tighten our range. Adding to that i've found the $6.50s are a lot looser in calling shoves than most levels (full tilt could be differant).

But lets think of this, (as always) in terms of equity gained/lost. If we shove here and win, we gain a little, but we're basically still equal second. If we lose, we are out. We also have to think about how shoving this has an impact on the future. Sometiems we need to make shoves when the blinds are huge so we don't fall behind, but here even if we make this shove, we won't be able to shove significantly wider in the future anyways.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, i'm going to try to look at this from your point of view and tell you what i'd do, without reading into results in the future.

J9- It's certainly toward the bottom of my range, and this is heavily influenced on the blinds, but against random unknowns, i'm shoving this all day. If they are really loose then it becomes and easy fold, if they are tight, then we can shove a little wider.

710- Not a huge fan of this shove, with the shortstack at the table, and having just shown down the j9 hand, i'm pretty sure it's a fold. Reason is that the BB has us outchipped which has to tighten our range. Adding to that i've found the $6.50s are a lot looser in calling shoves than most levels (full tilt could be differant).

But lets think of this, (as always) in terms of equity gained/lost. If we shove here and win, we gain a little, but we're basically still equal second. If we lose, we are out. We also have to think about how shoving this has an impact on the future. Sometiems we need to make shoves when the blinds are huge so we don't fall behind, but here even if we make this shove, we won't be able to shove significantly wider in the future anyways.

J9 was borderline for sure. Like I said, just looking to see if I am making correct moves or not. I used to be a nit because it pays off in the micro's. Wouldn't dream of making these types of moves there.

Yeah, the 7T prolly isn't the best move without chiplead. With chiplead and tight villian, shove though?

Now that I think about it the KJ hand is kinda loose shove too think?

It is these type of situations where I am looking to adjust to these new limits. Thanks for opinions guys and keep them coming. Gonna start working on other hands now.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J9 was borderline for sure. Like I said, just looking to see if I am making correct moves or not. I used to be a nit because it pays off in the micro's. Wouldn't dream of making these types of moves there.

Yeah, the 7T prolly isn't the best move without chiplead. With chiplead and tight villian, shove though?
With chiplead, we can shove much, much wider. CL vs tight guy shove any two all day.
Now that I think about it the KJ hand is kinda loose shove too think?
No idea, haven't seen the hand :D.
It is these type of situations where I am looking to adjust to these new limits. Thanks for opinions guys and keep them coming. Gonna start working on other hands now.My exp going from the 3's to the 6's is that the calling rate is roughly the same, maybe a little tighter in the 6's, but the shoving of most villians increases by a lot.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is KJ hand comments in original post:

Hero ?

Last edited:
cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is KJ hand comments in original post:

Hero ?

Edited this into OP for you.

The first hand is usually a shove, just make sure the blinds aren't maniacs and you should be fine.

The second hand is one that I would probably make too, but as WiZZiM points out the short stack is about to hit the blinds so that makes it more marginal.

the KJ one is a fold I'm pretty sure. I'm wondering if it'd be a shove blind v. blind, it just sucks having the huge stack next to you.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edited this into OP for you.

The first hand is usually a shove, just make sure the blinds aren't maniacs and you should be fine.

The second hand is one that I would probably make too, but as WiZZiM points out the short stack is about to hit the blinds so that makes it more marginal.

the KJ one is a fold I'm pretty sure. I'm wondering if it'd be a shove blind v. blind, it just sucks having the huge stack next to you.

Depends on stack sizes, if you mean stacks are the same and we shove into the guy on our left, then yeah, it's an easy shove.

But yeah KJ in the CO is most certainly a fold. Shorter stack present, the rest are around the same, we have to be super tight here, even folding things like AT wouldn't be out of the qeustion.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker