$6.50 NLHE STT Turbo: bubble, virtual 3-way tie for last

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are actually in last by a little, but imo it's still a virtual tie.

None of these players are any good. Over 29 hands filtered for the bubble, SB is ~20/7 and BB is ~33/20. Chip leader UTG is a pretty big fish, 46/12 (also filtered).

So my question here is this - obviously our hand is pretty poor, and SNGWiz is going to tell us to fold. But should we still consider shoving here? By folding we are moving ourselves further towards 4th place, and letting the people we're competing with gain chips, plus it's a turbo so it's not as if we can afford to be that patient.

If you still think it's too thin, what would make you change your decision? What range do you need to make a move here, or how tight would you like our opponents to be?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $240(BB) Replayer
SB ($2,375)
BB ($2,204)
CO ($6,868)
Hero ($2,053)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: 5:club:

fold, Hero ???

takethepain

takethepain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'ld fold. The problem is just because they are bad players doesn't mean they are going to be calling you with bad cards, and even if they do call you with bad cards there is a good chance that their bad cards are better than our bad cards.

Fold and wait for a better spot.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see some merit in shoving as it effectively puts the SB and BB at risk for their tournament life - as such, and as they are not good players, the probability is that they are only going to be calling at the top of their range (TT+, AK) IMO.

Another factor is - have you shoved previously? I often find the first shove gets respect but poor players wise up after a while and realise you are shoving wide.

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without any more information, I'd likely fold. My decision might change depending on the players I'm up against.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see any reason to shove this. I mean come on dude, it's not even soooted;).

You still have at least 10 more hands to look at before you "have" to shove. No need taking chance with garbage. Maybe a more marginal hand like Q9s, but even then........

Edit: I just noticed you are not shoving past the CL. But would still rather shove more hittable hand than Q7o.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't have SNGWiz here; I can see this being slightly +EV but given bad players it's probably not a good gamble.