$6.50 NLHE STT Turbo: AK bubble 2nd in chips but barely.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt - $6+0.50 $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (#216732899) - Blinds: 100/200 No Limit Hold'em (4 players)
Full Tilt Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB: t1,205
BB: t8,795
UTG: t1,545
BTN: t1,955

Pre-flop: (t300) Hero is BTN and dealt :kd4: :ac4: . Hero folds. Really?

Not giving results, but I will tell you I layed it down. BB has taken over and other two don't know how to respond. One of them is getting ready to blow it or double up trying. I know this is easy laydown if BB is shoving into me and other 2 stacks are slightly smaller but is this just weak not to shove here? I think so and would like some opinions.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This should be a shove. BB has taken over? So he may call. But you want him to call, with AK you probably will have at least a 65-70% edge, allowing you to double-up. If he doesn't call you still take down the blinds and 300 chips is a solid amount of chips for your stack (15.5%). If you get a bad beat, you get a bad beat, but at least you got your money in good.

If you double up the BB will have about ~5800 chips, and you will be able to compete with him for 1st with ~4000 chips.

Definite shove.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What if BB was shoving and I was calling? Okay to call off here?

If I had 3000 and the shorties had 1000 each. Still shove?:canabis:

Edit: forgot punctuation

Last edited:
cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you raise BTN you are pot committed to call an all-in. I would advise open-shoving anyway. Even though you do have ~10 BB which isn't terrible, you are raising into someone with ~44 BB.

Now if UTG was shoving? I would still re-pop this all-in. Too many hands you have crushed (Ax, Kx)

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be a shove. BB has taken over? So he may call. But you want him to call, with AK you probably will have at least a 65-70% edge, allowing you to double-up. If he doesn't call you still take down the blinds and 300 chips is a solid amount of chips for your stack (15.5%). If you get a bad beat, you get a bad beat, but at least you got your money in good.

If you double up the BB will have about ~5800 chips, and you will be able to compete with him for 1st with ~4000 chips.

Definite shove.

Agreed. I am guessing you are playing to win and not to cash. If you bubble, so what-not the end of the world. If the bb calls off weak ur a good favorite to win and be a ncie chip leader 3 handed.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you raise BTN you are pot committed to call an all-in. I would advise open-shoving anyway. Even though you do have ~10 BB which isn't terrible, you are raising into someone with ~44 BB.

I never said raise without shoving. I said calling off. For example same situation except BB vs SB with him shoving into me.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never said raise without shoving. I said calling off. For example same situation except BB vs SB with him shoving into me.

so you are in the BB and he is in the SB, and he shoves into you? Insta-call !

He is shoving a wide range of hands here. I wouldn't be surprised if you called in that situation and he showed J8 or 65 or something. He's feeling that everyone's just trying to get ITM and is trying to bully everybody.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. I am guessing you are playing to win and not to cash. If you bubble, so what-not the end of the world. If the bb calls off weak ur a good favorite to win and be a ncie chip leader 3 handed.

I always play to win :).

I know it is proper to laydown same hand if CL is shoving and I have 3x the chips of both SS's. Maybe I was just suffering from brainfart syndrome at the time.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so you are in the BB and he is in the SB, and he shoves into you? Insta-call !

He is shoving a wide range of hands here. I wouldn't be surprised if you called in that situation and he showed J8 or 65 or something. He's feeling that everyone's just trying to get ITM and is trying to bully everybody.

Still if I had 1000 more chips can't call off there! Need exactly AA or KK then. + cEV call but not $EV me thinks. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

The shove I can understand since we have more than one way to win.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still if I had 1000 more chips can't call off there! Need exactly AA or KK then. + cEV call but not $EV me thinks. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

The shove I can understand since we have more than one way to win.

oh sorry I was still thinking you still had 2000 chips. If you had 3000, and he still had 8700? ehhhh..

I think I would still make the call, don't know if I'm 100% right $EV though. Just feel like he is trying to steal the blinds, and you dominate a lot of good hands (AJ, AQ, KQ). I see your point though, don't think it would be a terrible fold.

If there is one SS less that 800 chips, then maybe a fold. Still not sure though.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^ I didn't have that many chips. In most post after the original I just threw in a few what ifs.

Prolly confused the situation a little sorry. I got definite answer to my original question though so thanks everyone. It's funny how many mistakes I still make but still maintain a winning record. Once I plug these leaks better watch out for me :).

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a shove but I don't think we should be thrilled if we're called - I mean, it's not as bad as if the chip stacks were 3bb, 12bb, 12bb, and 30bb, where we're one of the medium stacks. I feel like that would be a disaster if we're called (we should probably still shove but gambling in that situation is not a desirable result imo). Here it's 6bb, 8bb, 10bb, and 44bb, so it's not like we're guaranteed anything at this point, so we do need to take advantage of this opportunity. But still, I don't think it'd be the greatest thing to get called here, even if we're ~60% against his range.

(if it wasn't clear I'm not advocating a fold here, so don't call me a tourney donk :p)

If we were in BB and the big stack were shoving into us, that'd make an interesting scenario. SNGWiz would pretty much hate it but there might be arguments to go against SNGWiz.

Last edited:
DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we were in BB and the big stack were shoving into us, that'd make an interesting scenario. SNGWiz would pretty much hate it but there might be arguments to go against SNGWiz.

I think maybe fold? Range would be top 75%+. This includes many "two live card" type hands plus a few race situations and no fold equity. If I were the shortest stack I would call almost for sure in this exact situation.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we were in BB and the big stack were shoving into us, that'd make an interesting scenario. SNGWiz would pretty much hate calling but there might be arguments to go against SNGWiz.

fixed my post, I don't know if I was being clear or not. Sorry if it was confusing.

I think maybe fold? Range would be top 75%+. This includes many "two live card" type hands plus a few race situations and no fold equity. If I were the shortest stack I would call almost for sure in this exact situation.

Yeah if we were the bottom stack it's almost always a call, I agree.

Poker Chips - History of Chips