$6.50 NLHE STT Turbo: AJs vs. LAG UTG bubble

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB is loose/passive pf and agg. post flop. He frequently High blind limps and the bets min. OOP. He is a total LAGtard donk and will prolly call ATC. The other two players are trying to squeak into money and have given up until then IMO. Blinds go up in less than one minute. Shove correct? I'm thinking WHEN he calls(and not if) I will be crushing his range of ATC and I need chips. On the other hand the 2 players to my left are very nitty and I could steal from them. Problem is LAGtard to my right is min-raising almost every hand an I have no fold equity on him. Anyone else? Is it even close either way?

Full Tilt
- $6+0.50 $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (#215318444) - Blinds: 120/240 No Limit Hold'em (4 players)
Full Tilt Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB: t3,300
BB: t6,675
UTG Hero: t1,700
BTN: t1,825

Pre-flop: (t360) Hero is UTG and dealt :ad4: :jd4:
Hero Shoves?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is interesting - even though you are crushing his range, I'm not sure that you should be shoving a lot when the player in the BB is likely to call wide. Still, your hand is pretty decent, so it could go either way.

(sorry for not giving a more definite answer :D)

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will not get another chance to shove into an un-opened pot until I am UTG again next round with 4 BB's or so against some opponent. It is unlikely the other SS's are gonna bust out before then too. Thinking special circumstances here call for shove, but then again it's close.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

Bubble Punter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
BB is loose/passive pf and agg. post flop. He frequently High blind limps and the bets min. OOP. He is a total LAGtard donk and will prolly call ATC. The other two players are trying to squeak into money and have given up until then IMO. Blinds go up in less than one minute. Shove correct? I'm thinking WHEN he calls(and not if) I will be crushing his range of ATC and I need chips. On the other hand the 2 players to my left are very nitty and I could steal from them. Problem is LAGtard to my right is min-raising almost every hand an I have no fold equity on him. Anyone else? Is it even close either way?

Full Tilt
- $6+0.50 $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (#215318444) - Blinds: 120/240 No Limit Hold'em (4 players)
Full Tilt Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB: t3,300
BB: t6,675
UTG Hero: t1,700
BTN: t1,825

Pre-flop: (t360) Hero is UTG and dealt :ad4: :jd4:
Hero Shoves?

Hero shoves? Yeah, Hero shoves. Reasons have already been stated, I'm just agreeing on the shove here.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will not get another chance to shove into an un-opened pot until I am UTG again next round with 4 BB's or so against some opponent. It is unlikely the other SS's are gonna bust out before then too. Thinking special circumstances here call for shove, but then again it's close.

Well in your OP you said both of the other players were nitty and were trying to squeak into the money, so why wouldn't you have another opportunity to shove?

I mean, it's probably a shove, but some more reads could make it go one way or the other.

edit: ohh, I get what you mean now, the chip leader is gonna keep on raising. Heh, didn't understand what you're trying to say at first. That definitely pushes this to a shove then I think.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think it's almost a good enough example to take up a page in a poker book;)?

Really though it goes to show how important it is to know your opponents. If I had 16 tables going I would have reads on these peeps, but not this good. Do to luck and making correct marginal shoves like this my ROI is skyrocketing since moving up(150 games+/-).

Again thank you for replies and I really value these opinions.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, not to be "that guy", but 150 games doesn't really mean a whole lot... So don't hate yourself if your ROI drops some over the next couple hundred games. I mean, you're probably making good decisions, but if you're multi-tabling turbos then naturally your ROI isn't going to be skyhigh. It is very good though that you are getting more serious about analyzing your play.

I hope your run continues - maybe you and I can trade swings? :p

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, not to be "that guy", but 150 games doesn't really mean a whole lot... So don't hate yourself if your ROI drops some over the next couple hundred games. I mean, you're probably making good decisions, but if you're multi-tabling turbos then naturally your ROI isn't going to be skyhigh. It is very good though that you are getting more serious about analyzing your play.

I hope your run continues - maybe you and I can trade swings? :p

I have been very lucky last 50 or so. Still think that since I have been big winner at last level I still should even out to 10% +/- ROI. I just have to remember these good times when having losing streak is all. It is much easier to stay on track with deep BR which I finally have at current level.

I know 150 games ain't s$%^ but it still feels good to start where I left off at last level.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our equity - Nothing.

Get it in!

AJs is way to strong to even consider folding, we are in last position, and honestly we don't mind getting called one bit.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove it. We're in last place and we don't have enough chips not to and the blinds are about to go up again, making our position even worse.

Plus a villain that's raising / limping almost ATC every hand won't necessarily be calling a shove that wide - if anything they'll probably be tightening their calling range a little when somebody shoves on them because they'll expect you to have a solid hand.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a shove and it's not even close