$6.50 NLHE STT Turbo: A very interesting bubble spot

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$6.50 NL HE STT Turbo: A very interesting bubble spot

This hand was quite weird in the fact that if I fold it I basically give up a lot of equity, but I guarantee to be in the money. The button, who had less chips than me, is some spastic spew tard who plays for kicks and has been sitting out for the last 15 mins. I was very confident that he would not come back within the next few hands, just from the impression he gave me and the fact he had been sitting out so long.

So, when the SB raised should have I put all my money in? I think I have a big edge against players at this level when we are short handed and short stacked, since I am quite aggressive at shove-stealing the blinds. However, I had just been caught going all-in with a garbage, 63o or something. Because of this I thought that even if I won the all-in with the JTs I would still have a hard time since I would be called lightly(low chips and terrible image)

Can SnG wizard solve this one? Didn't think it could because I don't think it considers if someone is sitting out

poker stars $6.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300/t600 Blinds + t50 - 4 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN: t915 M = 0.83
SB: t7270 M = 6.61
Hero (BB): t1415 M = 1.29
CO: t3900 M = 3.55

Pre Flop: (t1100) Hero is BB with J:club: T:club:
2 folds, SB raises to t1200, 1 fold

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good lord, tough one.

Well if he was sitting in, and the SB is shoving wide, we're actually calling with a pretty wide range.

But with the other villian sitting out, this presents a problem for us.

I may actually need some help with ruling on pokerstars/tilt. Say we fold here, and the blinds go through the other villian, will his hand be immediately folded? Or will he get the chance to go to showdown?

Proper analysis will rely on this i think. I'm pretty sure ill be able to derive an answer from SNG wiz. but i will have to do some custom anaylsis.

So very general quick answer, as i'm tired, but im exited about this thread already :D. Id say if the ruling lets him get to a showdown, then we are in favour of calling, if he gets folded, then i'm probably folding into the money. Probably giving up a chance at first, but cashing is our first goal.

(since i have a DTB membership this month, thanks to CC, i will also post this in their forums, try to get some discussion there)

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars folds the sitter even all in.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good lord, tough one.

Well if he was sitting in, and the SB is shoving wide, we're actually calling with a pretty wide range.

But with the other villian sitting out, this presents a problem for us.

I may actually need some help with ruling on pokerstars/tilt. Say we fold here, and the blinds go through the other villian, will his hand be immediately folded? Or will he get the chance to go to showdown?

Proper analysis will rely on this i think. I'm pretty sure ill be able to derive an answer from SNG wiz. but i will have to do some custom anaylsis.

So very general quick answer, as i'm tired, but im exited about this thread already :D. Id say if the ruling lets him get to a showdown, then we are in favour of calling, if he gets folded, then i'm probably folding into the money. Probably giving up a chance at first, but cashing is our first goal.

(since i have a DTB membership this month, thanks to CC, i will also post this in their forums, try to get some discussion there)

Your motivation puts a smile on my face for some reason :) Anyway as the other poster said, their hand is mucked, even if they are all-in

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I checked the rulings too. And apparently it will be folded if hes sitting out intentially. But if he's disconnected, we will be allowed a showdown, subtle differance we need to look out for if we ever find ourselves in this rare scenario again :D.

Since hes going to be folded, then i feel this is an easy fold.

Just to get some more discussion going

What is our range for calling when the villain is sitting in? the shoving is more than likely shoving a wide range, lets say, about 65% of hands.

Lets say we fold this to villains shove, then what happens next hand?

And of course, the original question, what is the best play if the villain will be folded. and what range are we calling even if he is folded?

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I checked the rulings too. And apparently it will be folded if hes sitting out intentially. But if he's disconnected, we will be allowed a showdown, subtle differance we need to look out for if we ever find ourselves in this rare scenario again :D.

Since hes going to be folded, then i feel this is an easy fold.

Just to get some more discussion going

What is our range for calling when the villain is sitting in? the shoving is more than likely shoving a wide range, lets say, about 65% of hands.

Lets say we fold this to villains shove, then what happens next hand?

And of course, the original question, what is the best play if the villain will be folded. and what range are we calling even if he is folded?

If he was sitting in, I think I'd have to call with any two cards since I'm getting 2:1

If was sitting out... Idk. I don't know if I'd be able to do particularly well since I have a terrible image and don't know how to play tight at this stage. I'm thinking maybe fold everything but JJ+? Just there is a huge jump from 4th to 3rd and not so much from 3rd to 2nd.

Now that I'm going over this hand a fold seems obvious, just it was a little brutal at the time to basically give up 1st place, especially with a fun hand like JTs. Ideally though, I'd should not have gotten myself into this spot in the first place; all I had to do was be tight/passive, then use my image to steal some chips when I'm in the money. Something I need to pay attention to when multi-tabling galore

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first looked at it I thought this was a fold. Even if he's sitting in, it's pretty much guaranteed that the other shorty will have to gamble before we do, so why not take our chances with that instead of playing for all our chips right now?

I dunno, SnG wiz will help, I may plug it in right now.

Edit: Didn't see the ante, guess that might change things. I never play with those so I'm a little uncertain now.

Edit #2: Just plugged it into SnG Wiz. If we assume the SB is making this raise with more than 58% of hands, then we push. Personally I don't think he is, so I fold.

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do top 2 or top 3 get paid? If this is a 6-max turbo, we probably need to get it in. If top 3 get paid, its probably a fold, but I feel so icky about it.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top 3 get paid

Wow really that's a fold their? Yeah I think he's pushing less than 58% since he was rather passive + how many people would jeopardize they're equity in the tournament there with a marginal hand?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hrmz, actually, we'll blind out before the button will. In that case, I think this should be a shove + fistpump. ICM overvalues really small stacks, so I think in this case, it should probably be a shovey dovey. Either way, its close.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hrmz, actually, we'll blind out before the button will. In that case, I think this should be a shove + fistpump. ICM overvalues really small stacks, so I think in this case, it should probably be a shovey dovey. Either way, its close.

umm that is incorrect, the button blinds out first....