$.55 NLHE MTT Turbo: 0.55 turbo. 34ss calling a 3bet PF

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won this pot, but wondering if it was the right play or if I just lucked out and should never do this again.

BLINDS: $10/$20

My stack: 2900
Villains stack : 3300

I'm in MP with 34ss
I open raise to $60
folds all around
BB is super loose player and 3bets to $360
I call

Flop comes 743 2 diamonds

Villain bets $1000
I 3bet all in
Villain calls and shows AKos

Turn and river both blank.

I guess the 34s calling a 3bet was a super loose call, but with the villain playing loosely and the blinds so low I figured I could call this and still have heaps left behind even if I missed. I thought he may have been just defending his BB here as well.

I know I won the hand, but still any advice. I copped alot of hate from 2 players at the table about this hand

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop, 34s trash hand for open raise from MP. Also you need fold after 3bet, 34s very marginal hand and not for 3bet pot at microstakes.

Flop also fold, most of the time you will be far behind on this board. So you just got lucky in this hand.

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had luck,bad play... like Horizon said,fold preflop is that simple.

S

sharon mckee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had luck,bad play... like Horizon said,fold preflop is that simple

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a fish play but clicked.

Thats why shark sometimes loses to fish because of their weird plays.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop - fold! Villain 3-bet is ridiculously large but that's another story.

Flop - villain overbets the pot which clearly shows he has nothing. When he calls your shove it is bizarre in the extreme. What did he think he was beating?

Obviously you shouldn't have been in the pot but sometimes we do daft things and get lucky. Villain play was simply ridiculous.

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop - fold! Villain 3-bet is ridiculously large but that's another story.

Flop - villain overbets the pot which clearly shows he has nothing. When he calls your shove it is bizarre in the extreme. What did he think he was beating?

Obviously you shouldn't have been in the pot but sometimes we do daft things and get lucky. Villain play was simply ridiculous.

Thankyou, this is exactly my thought process the entire way. I dont know why I got in the pot, maybe cause it was a .55c tourney? who knows aha, but I know I wont be doing it again because in th elong run it'll cost me money.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop also fold, most of the time you will be far behind on this board. So you just got lucky in this hand.

you must always get it in ahead huh horizon? why would we fold this board? Not debating the preflop call, but we hit two pair, what on earth could possibly have us beaten here after he 3bets preflop? 77?

really hope you just misread the hand here, cos if you are that nitty, you might want to loosen up a little lol.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must always get it in ahead huh horizon? why would we fold this board? Not debating the preflop call, but we hit two pair, what on earth could possibly have us beaten here after he 3bets preflop? 77?

really hope you just misread the hand here, cos if you are that nitty, you might want to loosen up a little lol.

OP edited a post when I was writing this post, he had only second pair and flop was like 732 I remember exactly. It would be absurdly fold two pair on this board in 3bet pot. I'm not a crazy player, who sees in each hand bad beat :D

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP edited a post when I was writing this post, he had only second pair and flop was like 732 I remember exactly. It would be absurdly fold two pair on this board in 3bet pot. I'm not a crazy player, who sees in each hand bad beat :D

ahh cool kinda thought that was the case haha

X

xxMorpheusxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might limp it in pre and look to connect with a flop.

If I think a player is super fishy/aggro. I'll just rejam a much wider range than if I am readless. 34ss is wayyy to light though. If you had hundreds of BBs effective then yes.

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You high? I never edited the post once... You can admit when you misread.