55 late in tournament.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 55 in the cutoff and my stack is 2200 and the blinds are 150 300 and it's folded to me. It's a 45 person $26 Sng. So my M is a little under 5. The previous hand I tied when I pushed all in from the CO against the raiser two seats from the button. I had AQ he had Ace 7 and we tied when the board paired twice and a King came. I'm currently ranked 11/11 players and the remaining players both have much bigger stacks, the SB with 13000 and the BB with about 6000. Should I fold or push?

And one more hand, this time a little bit earlier in the tournament. I have A8 offsuit in the small blind, my stack is 5500 and blinds are 120 240. The BB has about 4000, and it's folded to me. I raise 3x BB and he calls, flop comes K K 7. Should I check or bet? What should I do if I'm raised or if he bets after I check?

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty clear push imo; you're not going to get much better spots than this without some kind of premium hand. Shove all day long here.

Next time post the hand history so we can see the actual stack sizes and the situation more clearly.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whereabouts is the money cutoff, and what's your preference: aiming to cash consistently, or aiming for the top places?

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top 6 players get paid and I'd say my preference is to cash.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok well I'll go ahead and say what happened. I pushed with the 55 and got called by the small blind with 99 and lost. And when I had A8 I made a continuation bet of 1/2 the pot and he raised the minimum and I folded. Lost a big pot there went from about 6000 to 3500. This was HU, so do you think he was making a play at me? Should I have check raised the flop? Should I have just check folded (seems too passive)? Should I have shoved to his raise?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right. With the 55 hand, the bubble's still a (relatively) long way away, so you need to chip up. I agree, push away.

B

baconn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a shove, you need to chip up

K

kyle3311

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
55 is a no brainer, push, irregardless where the money is at...

second hand you made it 720 preflop? correct... leaving the 4k stack with 3280 behind? you have like 4800 behind on the flop there is roughly 1500 in pot...

bet like half to three fourths pot on flop... if he flat calls... slow down on turn... he pushes in over the top.. id concider calling with ace high

if he pushes he could have a number of hands that you can beat... or you have atleast 6 outs against.. in addition with his push thered be 4500 in pot with only like 1600 or so to call behind