Live $50+$5 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t6000/t12000 Blinds - 3 players

BTN: t102,000 M = 5.67
SB: t388,000 M = 21.56
Hero (BB): t130,000 M = 7.22

Pre Flop: (t18,000) Hero is BB with A K
BTN folds
SB raises 18,000 to 24,000
Hero ??

Live tournament at local poker club, 40 players started, t$15500 starting stack, blinds started at 25/50 with 20 min levels. Dedicated dealer at the final table. Approx 12 minutes left in this level, next level 8000/16000, we are getting about a hand per minute.

Approx tournament payouts
1st = $990
2nd = $500
3rd = $300

SB has been chip leader since the final table started. I've played a lot of cash games with him but 1st time in a tournament and only at this final table that started 9 handed (2 players busted on same hand when 11 handed). SB has been a mixture of passive & calling station. He has min-raised a few hands of which he has folded to a reraise and has defended, won with a river 1/2 pot and also called a shorter stacks AI for just a bit more with KQs and won.

I was 2nd short stack when final table began. I chipped up with a few shoves that weren't called, survived 2 races (1 ahead pre the other not).

BTN was smallest stack when final table began. He is very nitty. BTN has made some laydowns to me a few times in the tournament (he showed medPP when I had AQ and AQ when I had AK).

I'm pretty confident that I could beat either of them heads up but the BTN would be easier than the SB.

So how do we play AKs here against the SB minraise.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove. Stacks aren't deep and nothing else seems right.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very easy shove, I dont think its remotely close. We obviously arent folding. Flatting is very bad and any raise we are going to make will put over half our stack in the middle. All in.

(I guess I wouldnt object to a stop and go here if we wanna make it 65000 and open shove the other half)

J

JEP712

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO this is a clear shove. You're deep enough, and you're usually ahead with AK suited. You and BTN have roughly the same sized stack and either one of you have to be making a move sooner or later. Shoving puts the maximum pressure on SB and a call from him is welcomed.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah... what they said. So many reasons to just shove. Plenty of FE, more than likely the best hand, if called and win, you are going to have the chip lead, and if you lose you still make money, if folded you increase the gap between you and the BTN. Am I missing anything here?