£5 NLHE Turbo: AJo in a damn mess!

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this was a live game, blinds are 200/400, and my stack was 8000 (2nd largest chip stack.

I am UTG, with AJo, 5 handed and very loose table, raise to 1200 chips. UTG +1 is all in for 1500chips and the button flat calls this(started with 6000chips) . The blinds fold and I call for 300 more.
Flop comes: 2 10 J
I check, BTN bets 1500 so I flat call. turn comes a 9, I check, BTN shoves...what to do

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any reads on this guy?

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fairly tight, but we're good friends so like to be in pots with each other

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bump this want some opinions on it

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a flat call for 1500 from a tight player usually means a big hand. If he's smart he'll usually check it down in order to have a better chance to knock out the all in player so when he's betting this hard, he probably has the nuts or at least something that can beat yours. I don't really see him bluffing here too often as it only gives the all-in guy a chance at surviving if he bluffs you out.

I dont know though, if he's your friend(and assuming you have an idea on how he plays) you have to ask yourself:

Is he really bluffing?
Would he really cold-call a 3bet shove with KJs/KJo, JTs/JTo or hands like that?

im folding

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your opinion bgomez, i really strongly considered folding here, but called to see if I improved.
Results: Highlight to read: Anyways, I didn't and he got me off the pot on the turn, he had pocket 10's and the guy who was all in had KK. At least I got away with it with some chips in tact
Any more opinions on this?

pickup

pickup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you cant just go on hopes when playing, but if I was in your situation I would hope that he has K/J or even Q/J for the draw, and puts you on some kind of strait/ flush draw(don't know what suit the cards were) and was just trying to bet you out if you guys were friends. Unless im sitting at the table it would be hard for me to make a decision on what I would have done, but if it was my friend I might have called thinking he was trying to bluff... you obviously made a good read and great play, obviously I learned something from you today.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its different playing against friends though, but I could just tell he had me beat, so had to let it go

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold too but it depends on the situation and what you feel is right!

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wat? this is a 5 pound buyin turbo?

Check raise allin on the flop all day.

and you have so much invested by flatting the flop i dont think you can fold the turn.