$5 NLHE STT: Would you call LAG all in with second pair?

S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Villain is really LAG. But tough - not a complete maniac - he calls raises with ATC - at this point I know he has already called a raise with 53 (hit the 5 on the turn and won the pot to wiffed high cards) - he called one later with 83s. My image is reasonably solid but maybe weak because I have been folding to big raises.

(The other player is TAG and tough - seems to read my weak hands quite well even though I *think* I'm playing them exactly the same as the strong hands.)

Should I look him up after his all in check raise of my standard C Bet? Should I just fold and wait for a better spot?

(second question - and I guess if I'm asking I probably should - should I be raising this sort of player bigger preflop? How much bigger given the stack sizes?)

79828216-107 - Regular - $5.50 (79827975-1)
Holdem Tournament No Limit Holdem Tournament
Sunday 9 Nov 2014 10:57:04 PM
1: Villain - 3108
2: Hero (Dealer) - 6978
3: Player - 3414
*** BLINDS ***
Villain Paid Ante 12
Hero Paid Ante 12
Player Paid Ante 12
Player Posts Small Blind 60
Villain Posts Big Blind 120
*** PREFLOP ***
Hero Hole Cards: Js,Qd
Hero Raises 240
PLayer Folds
Villain Calls 120
*** POSTFLOP ***
Community Cards: 8h,Ks,Qc
Villain Checks
Hero Bet 288
Villain went All In 2856

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah second pair here should be a fold because this is not a cash game and so you need to see what are the risks too.

You are only losing 4bb if you fold which is not a big deal. I think you should wait for a better spot. He can have a King, Queen or even 10J or worse. But i am not ready to commit my chips and hand over the chip lead to him at this spot.

To answer your second question - No you should not be raising more pre flop. Just the standard raise is fine. You want play pot flop poker against lag. If you keep raising bigger pre flop it can encourage him to steal more by bluff 3betting us pre flop, the sizing of this 3bet will be much larger so we will be risking more chips if we call/fold which i think would be unnecessary.:icon_stud

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He can have anything here. I call pretty quickly too. Dont think there are many downsides to getting it in here. Sure he has kx sometimes but also can have worse qx 8x bluffs and draws. If hes calling with atc we dominate so much here. Plus we cannot be knocked out and if we lose we have stil 20 bb or thereabouts.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would find a fold here and make a mental note that he check raises in these kind of spots.

As the match progresses I may be more likely to decrease my Cbets with marginal hands that I want to get to showdown with and increase my Cbets with air and value hands.

S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 for a fold 1 for a call - thanks for your answers. In the event I folded so I never found out what they had (I bided my time and eventually got a better spot to recover the lost chips):

scooba13inia Folds
*** END OF FOLDED GAME ***
Villain won 1152 from Pot 1
Villain had 2568 returned from uncalled Pot 2
*** END OF GAME ***

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah folding can never be bad here. But with reads provided I think it would be a profitable call vs his range orf