$5 NLHE STT: Should i call this river bet?

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 NL HE STT: Should i call this river bet?

Stacks:
MP with 2945
cmon_fisheeeee with 1350
BTN with 1640
SB with 2840
BB with 1065
UTG with 3660
hand.pl

Blinds: 40/80
Site: full tilt poker
Dealt to cmon_fisheeeee:A♥ A♣
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
2 players fold.
Hero raises to 200
1 players fold.
SB calls [160]
BB calls [120]
Total folds this street: 3
Potsize: 600
Flop: K♦ K♣ 7♠
SB checks
BB checks cmon fisheeeee checks
Turn: 2♦
SB checks
BB checks cmon fisheeeee checks
River: 6♦
SB bets [800]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [800]
Total folds this street: 1
Results:

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a big mistake for not betting the turn. Cost me badly on the river. I think the flop check was standard.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is the flop check standard? I would still think that QQ-88 would pay off at least one bet. Maybe there's something else I'm not seeing.

But yeah, bet the turn, be happy if you can get it in.

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is the flop check standard? I would still think that QQ-88 would pay off at least one bet. Maybe there's something else I'm not seeing.

But yeah, bet the turn, be happy if you can get it in.

I think I check the flop because we are much more likely to find an opp with a king then a (88-qq). I also checked in hope one of our opp may catch 2 pair on the turn. Big mistake came by checking turn

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, there is no draw present, so were not really afraid of any card on the turn, checking the flop is fine. let them catch up with a hand like QJ 910 you know, all the random junk these guys play.. i think since its such a hit or miss flop that when we bet, we let worse hands fold and only get action when they have the king.. not that were overly concerned about it, were getting it in regardless. i mean, sure 88-QQ is possible, but arnt those hands more likely to reraise preflop? especially 10's+.

after the turn hits we cant give another free card, we just have to hope thye have hit either a flush draw or a pair and are willing to call off a bet or stack of on the turn

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I check the flop because we are much more likely to find an opp with a king then a (88-qq). I also checked in hope one of our opp may catch 2 pair on the turn. Big mistake came by checking turn
No.
2kings left in the deck vs 30combos of 88-QQ,30combos of 22-66,a few A7s/76/78 and ocasional random floats from Ax/suited broadways that have backdoor draws ect.

Not saying its bad to check the flop but we probably shouldnt be doing it just because they "might" have Kx.

But yeah I probably get it in on the flop and if we do check I get it in on the turn, there are almost no pocket pairs/7x folding on that board and since there are way more combos of 7x/PP then Kx we get it in.

As played we have to call. We have a under repped hand in a pot no one is showing any interest. Its gonna be backdoor flush/Kx some of the time but the 7x/6x/PPs/straight bluffs outway it enough imo.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ Yeah, I like the idea of checking to let villain improve to a second best hand, not because we'd be turning our hand into a bluff. So I guess checking is fine, but I still think we can c-bet too.

G

godoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think c-bet would be the right move here, and you couldn't let this turn get away without putting chips on it, but I would still call the river, his chances of a runner runner flush is really low