$5 NLHE STT: Pocket 4's, small stacked, do I push pre-flop?

Ravish

Ravish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG is Loose Aggressive, and CO is Loose Passive.

$5 + $0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t120/t240 Blinds - 5 players

SB: t3330 13.88 BBs
Hero (BB): t1905 7.94 BBs
UTG: t1845 7.69 BBs
CO: t2635 10.98 BBs
BTN: t3785 15.77 BBs

Pre Flop: (t360) Hero is BB with 4c 4d
UTG raises to t480, CO calls t480, 2 folds

What is the correct move?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally i'd say fold, but this seems like a really good time to pick up chips with a squeeze. However saying that, i'd much rather have a hand like 98s here than pocket 4's.

so past the babble, i don't think we get enough folds from both players to justify it, so i'd say it's a fold (I'd be tempted though, with reads the LAG was going to fold a lot then i might just shove it anyways.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends of your fold equity. Here you're offering about 2:1 with a bet and both of your opponents tend to be loose according to your read - that leads me to say that this is a bad spot.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold the 44, UTG is opening with bigger stacks immediately behind him and the CO has to know that by calling the BTN will have a good opportunity to speculate or squeeze and that the blinds could easily squeeze here. Since both players are loose I'd expect at least one of them to call an AI from a blind. Only way I would play 44 here is to shove if I had a read that both of these players were likely to fold to my squeeze.

Bwammo

Bwammo

DragTheBar Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the fold rate here is pretty terrible...combine that with the fact that we're not alone with our small stack and we have no real reason to NEED those chips. Just fold and hang in there

S

Steve922

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would the push mean you're relying on not to have to see the flop? Hence it comes down to if you believe both players will fold?

Both villains can take you out of the game and make themselves an excellent stack to contest the bubble with if they call.

I dread the all-in with a tiny pair. I'm know I''m going to see three overcards on the flop! The best I can hope for is a 50/50 race with a caller showing higher cards. Worse is a caller showing a higher pair. After a preflop raise followed by a call, the latter is a quite likely.

Steve