Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$5 NL HE STT: AA facing 2 AI on rainbow flop

$5.50 Buy-in 2-Table NLHE SNG (15/30 blinds)
Poker Tools by Stoxpoker

18 hands into the game

CO: 995 (33.2 bb)
BTN: 1,360 (45.3 bb)
SB: 1,460 (48.7 bb)
Hero (BB): 1,490 (49.7 bb) 22/17/1
MP1: 1,385 (46.2 bb) 6/0/0
MP2: 4,340 (144.7 bb) 39/0/1
MP3: 1,510 (50.3 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with A
diamond.gif
A
spade.gif

MP1 calls 30, MP2 calls 30, MP3 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB completes, Hero raises to 180, MP1 calls 150, MP2 calls 150, SB folds

Flop: (570) K
club.gif
spade.gif
J
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets 450, MP1 raises to 1,205 and is all-in, MP2 calls 1,205, Hero ??

MP2 had gotten his big stack by limp/calling KJo against AK and hitting 2P on the flop
MP1 is completely unknown

Any reason not to c-bet this or get it AI on this flop?

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip EV wise, we only need about 20% equity to call. MP2 is likely calling very wide and AK is most likely in MP1's range. We are not deep enough to get away from this hand.

There is a major fish tagging along. I don't see any way we fold this hand.

trashcan

trashcan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really dont like it but I cannot find the fold button here. If you are gonna bet fold, bet smaller but after putting in that much money, shrug and call

mattzan

mattzan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reason to fold... I think mp2 or mp1 got A K A Q A J K J. you are winning for sure...

Vex444

Vex444

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree too much in the pot to fold. Pot comitted at this point

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did use up almost all of my time clock but did end up shoving to get my stack in and MP2 did call obviously.

MP1 had ATo and MP2 had K9o

This hand illustrates why some of us put our opponents on such large hand ranges in these small buyin games.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*walks in late*

Yeah, even before seeing the results there was no way I was getting away from this one - just get the rest of your stack in and hope to fade the villains' outs, this can still be a pretty wide range on the part of both villains.

C

Caysewell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't this an 18man sng? The subject says STT.

Shove that flop all day. People at that stakes get it in with much much worse hands. If you happen to run into KJ or a set, another sng isn't too long of a wait.

J

j0na1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all u bet pre flop 6 BB's?
C-bet is correct, but when your pfr is 6bb your pretty much pot committing yourself with your cbet (or u get no action at all PF),thus loosing lots of EV.
As played i call since, 5$ sng's got lots of LAG loosing players & your pretty much pot commited here.
Hope for a 2outer when your not ahead!

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will agree with what everyone has said so far. As played, I'm perfectly comfortable getting it in here. The chances of anyone having KK or JJ and not having gotten it all in PF at this early stage in the tourney is virtually nil, and a set will usually try to slowplay, so I doubt MP1 has one. KJ is always a possibility, but a slim one. And as for the 3, with so much action even the loose LAGS wouldn't be too quick to call with 33 PF here with that much of their stack.

As for the PF raise, I actually like the 6bb size. Again, at these stakes and this early, I think that you want to commit with AA (and commit them) because people play so loose early on, that you'll be called by a lot of hands you dominate completely. The cbet pretty much does commit you (which is fine in this spot IMO), and I think that here you call and do a big 'ole fist pump before you profit. You'll run into KJ and possibly a set of 3s here every once in a while, but even then you're not completely out of the running.

I perfectly understand the hesitation though; at least with my bankroll, I am loathe to get busted out of a tourney in the second blind level for 5 dollars. Sill a microstakes man, and 5 bucks hurts a little. But that's just me.

Best of luck,

T.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My usual raise with limpers is 3.5xBB+1BB/limper so 6BB is only .5BB larger. I have been experimenting with even larger raises when there are limpers and I have a big hand. Ideally with a big starting hand we only want 1 caller so we need to find the balance between raising too big and not getting a caller (thus losing value for our big hand) and raising to little and getting too many callers (thus reducing the equity of our big hand). In <$10 buyin games I'm finding that even 5xBB+1BB/limper will most always get a caller when there are 2-4 limpers and with 5+ limpers we can even get a call with 7xBB+1BB/limper. Thats a lot of extra value to be adding to our 75% average win rate for big hands.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't this an 18man sng? The subject says STT.

Yes it is an 18man SNG but the posting tool for HA only has choices of MTT, STT, HU and IMHO an 18man SNG is much more of an STT than an MTT.