$5 NLHE MTT Turbo: $$5 NLHE MTT Turbo: Is this where I am missing value?

J

joeyvegasboi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I was playing a deepstack tourney online, to start its weird to me its called a turbo while being deepstacked as this seems to just cancel out each out and make it normal right? Not even sure there if there is some adjustments to be made other than what I currently believe.

Anyways,

I feel I am getting many min cash tourney runs, from getting good chip stack waiting waiting getting and hitting nothing, then with 10 bb's I go all in AJs get called by some big stack in bb with like kjo and lose! (scenario i feel keeps happening)

Tonight there was a hand that had me thinking though for sure after this sort of thing happened not long after this hand took place.

I am on the button with A6s with 20 bb, UTG +2 goes all in for 5.2 bb, Lo jack calls all in with same exact stack, folds around to me on button and I have 2 stacks that cover me behind. I elect to fold.

They turn over 77, and then 10 10.

Flop an A hits and I would've scooped.

Should I have played this any differently here?!?! I am wondering if situations like this is where I am losing late tournament EV and ending up just min cashing. Is calling here +EV? would I then just have to rip it all in? Or does that introduce too much variance and is this the correct fold? Thanks!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation you made the right decision, 2 human go in ollin A6 not your game,and what you sometimes can win with it the case,but very rarely,as in your situation,I think,that A6 at all not worth admit in game-dismiss need to such a hand in pass.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
while the two players left to act behind you have you covered, the key question is by how much?

you are sitting on 20bb

if they are sitting on 30bb, 40, even 50, they aren't going to call your all-in light

in fact, they are going to fold out most of their range because they don't want their stack to be severely dimished

furthermore, the two short stacks are shoving practically any 2, with their 5 bb stacks

depending on these factors I may have shoved to isolate myself with the two shorties

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation you made the right decision, 2 human go in ollin A6 not your game,and what you sometimes can win with it the case,but very rarely,as in your situation,I think,that A6 at all not worth admit in game-dismiss need to such a hand in pass.

What do you think about range of our calls? I think for bounty we can re-push here.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll meet you at the tables,and there will show his generosity))),I'm happy to take)!