$5 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: HU second pair on a scary board for the win ?

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somebody posted above a similar line and i answered the same.

Its just a general HU strategy to implement a limping range with effective stacks of 10-30BB.

Very much agree.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just dont seem to get ICM part while being HU. I always tought this dissapeared HU.

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just dont seem to get ICM part while being HU. I always tought this dissapeared HU.

In tournaments it has value to have the chip lead HU as your tournament life isn't on the line then. I think chips are still not literal cash (could be wrong though).

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments it has value to have the chip lead HU as your tournament life isn't on the line then. I think chips are still not literal cash (could be wrong though).

ICM is about folding certain spots ,cause of payjumps and differents stacksizes involved , so if you are like a middle stack and there are a bunch of shorties you must most often play less hands.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
simple experiment you can do to find out how ICM effects headsup

go to http://www.holdemresources.net/h/web-calculators/nashicm.html

change the structure from "0.5, 0.3, 0.2" to "1" because we are playing for 100% of the difference between first and second.

then enter player 1 and player 2 with even stack sizes (1000 and 1000 works) and click calculate.

now, go back and give player 1 75% of all the chips (1500) and player 2 25% of all the chips (500) and click calculate.