$5 NLHE: JJ raise pf. c-bet flop. now???

brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$5 NL HE: JJ raise pf. c-bet flop. now???

4th hand of 9 player $5.00 sng. No read on villain.

Stacks:

MP3 with 1530
CO with 1530
BTN with 1455
SB with 1230
BB with 1470
UTG with 1500
UTG+1 with 1935
MP1 with 1500
MP2 with 1350

hand.pl

Blinds: 15/30
Site: Full Tilt Poker
Dealt to MP1:J♣ J♥
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
1 players fold.
UTG+1 calls [30]
Hero raises to 90
3 players fold.
BTN calls [90]
3 players folded.
Total folds this street: 7
Potsize: 255
Flop:
2♥ 4♣ Q♦
Hero bets [150]
BTN calls [150]
Potsize: 555
Turn:
6♣
Hero ???????

As soon as I hit the button for the bet on the flop I thought it should have been more.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise to 120 preflop, 3x +1 BB for the limper. The c-bet size is fine actually, anywhere between 150-250 is ok. Villains call tells us something. I would suggest AQ would raise here but we can't count it out as plenty of villains flat here. KQ is in villains range as are all the pairs 33-TT, two now with sets. I would say KQ, QJ and the middle pairs are most likely. He could peel with AK or AJ but AK is unlikely as it would probably be a reraise preflop. There are no draws bar A3 or A5 which would both be weird and unlikely to call preflop.

Looking at the turn card and the possible range it would suggest a bet but I would actually check here for pot control. We have to look at our stack size compared to the pot We are not scared of giving a free card and the only danger card is an A on the river, and a good sized bet around 300-400 gives us not even a pot sized bet on the river. If we check and villain bets we are in a little bit of an awkward spot. I doubt anything but a Q bets but if he floated us for whatever reason then he might. I would check and fold to a bet.

If it is checked behind I value bet a non-ace river. Ace we check-fold. The middle pairs will hopefully still think they are good and we can extract a bit because of our turn check. I fold to a river raise as they are never bluffing there.

M

mecoble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with no read i would check and fold to a bet u dont have much invested yet and there isnt much else he could have called with other than queen on flop