Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Currency
$
First blind level in a 5$ regular speed 6-man SnG on pokerstars. BTN was playing VPIP 33 / PFR 32 with a 3-bet of 10% over 79 hands. Are you getting away from TT here?

PokerStars, $4.50 + $0.50 - Hold'em No Limit - 10/20 (3 ante) - 6 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 1,659 (83 bb)
MP (Hero): 1,481 (74 bb)
CO: 1,441 (72 bb)
BU: 1,461 (73 bb)
SB: 1,411 (71 bb)
BB: 1,547 (77 bb)

Pre-Flop: (48) Hero is MP with T♣ T♠
1 fold, Hero raises to 60, 1 fold, BTN 3-bets to 180, 2 players fold, Hero calls 120

Flop: (408) 9♥ 5♠ 6♥ (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets 135, Hero calls 135

Turn: (678) 6♠ (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets 1,143 (all-in), Hero?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know that I *should* get away because villain's range is very wide and also my experience with facing turn shoves is that they are surprisingly for value rather than protection. I would probably look for a better spot as it's so early still in the SnG.

G

Goalie35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I would fold. I believe that TT is not strong enough to go essentially all in. According to the pros (?), at this level, if someone goes all in on the River, they have the nuts.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The overbet definitely made this one interesting, although it's worthy to examine both the conditions and the meaning of the overbet.

The pre and flop game are pretty standard from both of you. However on Turn we can see a low, paired board with two doors of flush. Until this point you both invested under 25% of your stacks, which I don't think is that much, and you are not even pot-committed at this point. Which meaning you have both the chance here to get away and stick with the pot, and opp should know.

Having said that, if Full-house want to make a max value here, it's almost a wasted-risky bet to do. So no 99, 55, 66 in the hand, the set itself with 6 is unlikely both the pre 3bet and this kind of outplay. So we are at least not drawing dead in this spot on the Turn.

So what is this bet for? Is it for value or protection? And if opp does this, what hands we can actually calling with? These order of questions may giving a great answer. AA and KK both not needed this kind of bet at all, they are still strong enough just the mentioned combinations above, and again just a wasted opportunity leaning on the fact: If you're connected the board, you can only call this yet smaller pot off. And it was maybe small until now, but our tournament life is questionable that worth a call with AQs f.e. Meaning that this shove is actually making fold most of our combinations here.

- QQ, JJ: They both pretty vulnerable here, if River is any A-K they may struggle, flush is bad, another card into the straight is bad, so maybe a quick laydown here --- We are 95% defeated here.
- 88, 77: 2nd pairs with straight-draw, as much as there are folding stations to you to this bet, maybe protection --- We are 86% ahead of them.
- 2 overs and flush draw: This combination can get rid of your 77 and 88, and probably can be in as a semi-bluff considering your check-check so far, maybe can get rid of some other hands like 1010 while opp having the equity to gamble it home somedays --- We are 68% ahead of them.

Personally I'm leaning to see this bet as a protection rather than a value and definitely QQ and JJ can chose this line.
Also the mentioned semi-bluffs can be likely to be putted in, starting from the 88,77 (and sometimes some AQs flush draw kind of hands).

As long as you're not committed and it can be a gambling move to call cause its really a 50-50 here a worthy call; to see the overpockets or the lower pockets, folding is totally okay. Simply my guts telling on this one to call ( I totally forget to say 6 change nothing on the Turn, so 1/3 bet then 2x shove all-in something you may not see everyday's poker fields).

Wondering your input on your own hand. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the comments. My first instinct was to fold to his turn jam. He dont have many hands in his 3-betting range, that connect with this board, and as others have said, I also dont think, a boat jam the turn, or for that matter a flopped straight. But he can of course have all the better overpairs, and its probably fair to say, that he is never doing this for value with a worse hand like A9. So I have a bluff catcher, and normally I would consider it pretty marginal to get TT in for 75BB as just an overpair.

However his line felt a bit bluffy to me. As others have said, even on a wet board with 2 flushdraws would AA or KK really take this sizing, instead of making it a 3-street hand and get more value? This opponent was also a LAG and one of those, who border on simply playing to many hands, even though to be fair, if all 79 hands were collected at 6-max, then 33/32 is not that extreme. But 6-max players also tend to be more aggressive and bluffy in general, since the format appeal more to action junkies than 9-max. So in the end I decided to make the call and make him show it to me:

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probs lots of things u could play differeently
feel free to run it in solver it and share with us
dont like to give feedback here on no ante game on this spr

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold. I believe that TT is not strong enough to go essentially all in. According to the pros (?), at this level, if someone goes all in on the River, they have the nuts.
It is good that you are thinking about player pool tendencies and referencing pro player experiences but we want to be careful about over applying those concepts and losing ROI- This shove was on the turn and therefore has more bluffs in the range- The HUD data also supported the fact the V was bluff capable- The nature of 6max players (more aggressive) is a factor as well. Therefore these factors do not make this a 100% fold spot-
(y)