$5 90plyr sng 2hr in, could this have been avoided?

M

mr tinkles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having a hard time following this hand. None of this makes any sense, imo.

Looks to me to be a 1on1 with m9.2 vs m10.8????

Hero with 7395
Dealt to Hero:A♦ J♠
CO with 10200

Flop:
* * J♣ 2♦ 8♦
Turn:
10♣
River:
Q♣

A♦ J♠
CO shows a straight, Eight to Queen:
A♥ 9♥

Right???
wtf is A9 doing calling any bet after preflop?
The flop clearly misses them and they call a bet? With what? Ace high? wtf?
Oh. ok, they runner-runner like???? Which they hit(1 runner). Now they are OESD! The Ace is no good for them. What is this?

seriously, I'm befuddled. If you are AJ, you played the hand great.

If you are A9, you play like a fishy donkey. Just imho.

Oh, btw, when the whole tbl has an M < 12, that M crap goes outs the window. Sklansky like. You can just do the 10XBB stuff. Works great.

J

JoeDi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say call.. Chances he is drawing or playing AK, AQ, kJ, or QJ..ALl of which you are winning.. You dont want to over expose your stack to this hand so i would call or double the bet..Then you should have a good read on how strong his hand is going forward.. He might be holding QQ so either call or double the bet.. At that point you would still have about 5k left and still be pretty strong in the tourny..

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read through the posts and I'm getting here late so here's my advice. In late stages of the tournament, I don't limp unless I have position, there are several limpers ahead of me that won't fold to a raise and I have a good drawing hand that's easy to give up unless the flop nails my hand. So I wouldn't limp your hand. It's iether raise or fold pre-flop.

On to the flop, you have limped, been min raised and were the second caller. You have to lead out with at least a 1/2 to full pot sized bet to get an idea where you stand. I guess the UTG guy was loose passive? I wouldn't even classify the CO guy as having a style other than stupid bluffer. He might have played the way he did because you never showed real strength. If you had raised pre-flop and led out with a strong bet post flop, then I doubt he calls the post-flop bet with air.

Y

Yeti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a little late into this, and thus have seen the results. However my advise would have rivalled how you actually played the hand. You did great but then got bad beat.

My only issue is the limp. Fold or raise - limping with AJ is asking for trouble.

M

marble

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you played it almost perfect. a few tweek here and there but overall you got what you wanted.

lets review what happened:
you chk raised on the flop and got CALLED vs drawing dead on turn (nice!). now you moved all in on the turn vs OESD w/ less than 3 to 1 on his money (whoohoo!). it sucks that he picked up a draw on the turn but he's still a little less than 5 to 1 dog, so be happy.

as some may say, it's also ok to move all in pre than collect the blinds and antes plus 1 limper, but you're different. and different is good like the way you played this hand.

....i just hope you didn't post this just to show how badly he sucked out on you =)

-m