Dealer: :BB:Eyalze calls 60

Dealer: The flop is [4h Qd 2h] (390)

Dealer: BB checks
Dealer: Villain bets 390
Dealer: Teebone101 calls 390
Dealer: BB folds

Dealer: The turn is [Jc]

Dealer: Villain checks

Im pretty sure i should bet here but im playing it safe. I seen villain min. raise with over pair once already. I think im ahead.
Im open to opionions about this line.

Dealer: Teebone101 checks

Dealer: The river is [4c] (1,170)

Dealer: Villain checks

Hero?

Ok im now positive i have the best hand. Whats a good amount to bet here. I wanna say he has like 10's or 9's thats what im thinking at the time.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always confused about villains who take this line. It could be something like TT or JJ, then when an overcard falls they freak out and try to bet you out of the hand. I've also seen people play aces and kings this way. Regardless, I'm probably not gonna get away from a hand this strong. I'd probably ship it all in on the flop instead of flatting. On the river, we have about t930 behind and there's t1,170 in the pot, so any bet pretty much commits us to the pot. If I were going to bet I'd probably just go all-in, I think...

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes if you're gonna bet, then push all in. If your opponent had an overpair he would of probably bet river so you can be 90% sure your ahead here. I think it was better to get it all in on the flop. i guess he has a hand like A10 or AK or a low to medium pair and was looking for a cheap showdown with some showdown ev.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we didnt get much info about the villain is he tight/loose? aggressive passive? unknown random? unknown multiabling reg? without this info, i have to assume hes an unknown pretty bad player, with that said i think preflop is akward, i dont really like 3betting this hand, as he calls most of his range i assume. leaving us in no mans land postflop if we dont hit..
so im happy with calling, AK i 3bet for sure. AQ suited i probably 3bet also. and im probably 3bet shoving.

so im ok with calling or folding, calling i think is the best play here against this unknown though. anyways postflop, checking the flop i standard, were never folding here though in this spot. so the question is, what is the best way to get the most value.. i like check/raising all in on flop.. were not folding when a heart hits or a king or any card really, so lets just protect our hand, and if he wants to come along then sure... i do advocate check/calling if the villain has been really aggressive. id check call the flop, hoping he bets the turn and i can just raise then.

as played, bet the turn for sure.. you definately have the best hand here. if he has a draw make him pay to see the river.. bet kinda small, i dont want to ship it all in here. i still want value so im putting in a really weird small bet, then shipping the river no matter what.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always confused about villains who take this line. It could be something like TT or JJ, then when an overcard falls they freak out and try to bet you out of the hand. I've also seen people play aces and kings this way. Regardless, I'm probably not gonna get away from a hand this strong. I'd probably ship it all in on the flop instead of flatting. On the river, we have about t930 behind and there's t1,170 in the pot, so any bet pretty much commits us to the pot. If I were going to bet I'd probably just go all-in, I think...

yes but will he pay us off?? im not sure.. i bet really small enticing a call.. this is agains unknowns we have to remember, players at this level may pay off a smaller bet, wanting to know what we had, but wont pay off an all in bet, which puts them out of the tourney.. i bet somehitng between 3-400 here..

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He probably wouldn't pay off a shove, you're right. I just think a smaller bet is kinda silly, because if we're wrong then we're almost crippled (althoug if we're wrong and we shove then we're out :(). I would almost rather check behind, just in case we're behind for some reason, and leave ourselves with some room to work with.

Maybe I'm just overthinking all of this, lol.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
were hardly ever behind here. i always bet, for value, it doesnt seem like he is strong, so yes, a small bet is kinda weird, but were playing a $5 sng, so its really not that silly. i dont like checking behind i still want value for the hand, even a half pot bet is fine... but hes checked twice.. he probably wont pay off a small bet that much either,, since it is a 5 sng he just might pay us off with smaller pairs..

G

godoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet on the turn a small value just to get called as you said you're sure that you're ahead
, like 250, and on the river I would put half of the pot