$5.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: flop bottom pair and flush draw at final table

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Carbon I was playing in $5 Turbo MTT with 38 people playing. There was 6 left and I was in 2nd (top 5 makes the money.) I am in the BB with 5 4 of clubs, blinds are 500 1000, a guy from late position makes it 2000, SB called and I called. Flop comes 5d 10c Qc...the raiser goes all in and he has around 8k left. SB folded and its up to me and I have about 12K left. The pot already had about 6.5K in it before the all in. I will tell what I did after I get some feedback on what you guys would have did.

N

Nargil

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did you call it in the first place? You have 12BB left and you have guts to call somebody preflop + out of position with 54s? It's a good hand for stealing from good position, but not for calling and definitely not before the bubble. What did you expect to happen? Preflop calling of tremendous amount of hands in this phase of tournament is just wrong imo, so avoid these situations.
And about your decision in the end, I tend to fold in these situations. You have a great chance to improve though, but you are right before bubble. I would fold it. And I guess the villain had some AQo.

Full Flush Poker