nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello first of all I dont usually play hiper turbos, i dont like them but didnt have much time and want to play a tournament

I had close to 7bb in Bubble 5.5 tourney hiper Ak off in button i shove all in and get called by 99 lose the flip and the tournament .
Was ok to go all in ? should folder there?
I think i didnt do nothing wrong but i dont know if was correct!!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was a good jam. ak is an equity favorite against most call ranges. just unfortunate to not win in this situation.

also unfortunate that it was the bubble but, as a short stack, you're happy to get your money in as a huge equity favorite to maximize your chances of running deep. so, don't be afraid to bust in +ev spots because you'll gain more value in the long run when your +ev hands hold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your BTN open showing range with 7BB is close to 50% of hands. So of course AK is an easy jam regardless of the result. A2o would also have been an easy jam. I recommend you to watch the sections in the CC 30 day course about ICM and preflop push-fold ranges.

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Standard play, 7bb in turbo tournaments is a stack range we work with all the time, we have to go allin in my point of view in gap in this situation with Ax K7o+ Q5s+ Q9o+ some suitable hands connectors T9s 89s etc... and all pairs (I may not be correct) but it's very close to that, we have to move in turbo tournaments and this range would be good moves because there are blockers (cards that reduce our opponent's calling range) in case GG played well I would shove!

Ideal range for butom allin with ante (nash) with 7 bigblinds

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello first of all I dont usually play hiper turbos, i dont like them but didnt have much time and want to play a tournament

I had close to 7bb in Bubble 5.5 tourney hiper Ak off in button i shove all in and get called by 99 lose the flip and the tournament .
Was ok to go all in ? should folder there?
I think i didnt do nothing wrong but i dont know if was correct!!
Shove was fine-As fundiver said you want to be aware of ranges when you get into these spots and there are many free resources we can use now A simple push fold chart will let you know what to do in this spot