$
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
watching hand step by step call is fine preflop as we have a huge stack and gambling is ok---we need to know though that this is a gamble hand other than flopped quads or straight flush the best we can hope for is a strong but very vulnerable hand like a set of 4's. Our flush draw sucks our 64 straight draw is only ok and our 106 straight draw is terrible as well. OOP vs 3 makes it even worse

flop- set of fours on a flush and straight board and we have no flush blockers and 1 straight blocker and both over sets possible as V's limp 88 and JJ often-- So we are pot controlling this spot by checking 100% of the time
Ok you bet lead small to get what to fold? To get what to give us value? To call what pot size bet hand range?

Turn 8 is actually not bad for us so leading is fine V should not have 88 JJ at high frequency based on position on flop-- maybe J8

River J no action yet--- so now what are we targeting for value? What has our betting said about our hand? What has there calling suggest about their hand?
What does this V do with 1 pair hands? missed flush draws? 8xxx Jxxx? Will our V ever have J8 JJ 88- Will they ever bluff river?

Your action is-----bet small---- what are you targeting for a call when you have bet 3 streets 4 ways on the flop? Will this size induce some raising? Do we want to do that?

If we think it will induce raises might we bet larger to not induce?

When we lead here small we then have to call a larger pot size bet might we check to induce bluffs and to call trip hands that will bet?
AJxx will bet river most often but will also raise weakness giving us a more difficult river decision

So by checking it allows us to call any pot size bet which should include some bluffs and some trips we beat but does not get us to fold a full house to an accidental overvalue bet with trips ---our V may think we have QQ here we weak lead flop 1 pair- turn two pair then bigger bet ---river block bet

:unsure::geek:

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
watching hand step by step call is fine preflop as we have a huge stack and gambling is ok---we need to know though that this is a gamble hand other than flopped quads or straight flush the best we can hope for is a strong but very vulnerable hand like a set of 4's. Our flush draw sucks our 64 straight draw is only ok and our 106 straight draw is terrible as well. OOP vs 3 makes it even worse

flop- set of fours on a flush and straight board and we have no flush blockers and 1 straight blocker and both over sets possible as V's limp 88 and JJ often-- So we are pot controlling this spot by checking 100% of the time
Ok you bet lead small to get what to fold? To get what to give us value? To call what pot size bet hand range?

Turn 8 is actually not bad for us so leading is fine V should not have 88 JJ at high frequency based on position on flop-- maybe J8

River J no action yet--- so now what are we targeting for value? What has our betting said about our hand? What has there calling suggest about their hand?
What does this V do with 1 pair hands? missed flush draws? 8xxx Jxxx? Will our V ever have J8 JJ 88- Will they ever bluff river?

Your action is-----bet small---- what are you targeting for a call when you have bet 3 streets 4 ways on the flop? Will this size induce some raising? Do we want to do that?

If we think it will induce raises might we bet larger to not induce?

When we lead here small we then have to call a larger pot size bet might we check to induce bluffs and to call trip hands that will bet?
AJxx will bet river most often but will also raise weakness giving us a more difficult river decision

So by checking it allows us to call any pot size bet which should include some bluffs and some trips we beat but does not get us to fold a full house to an accidental overvalue bet with trips ---our V may think we have QQ here we weak lead flop 1 pair- turn two pair then bigger bet ---river block bet

Thats a bad river by the way, 84, J4 also beats my hand there

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Fold pre-flop.

Check flop.

Bet turn.

Check-call small river bet. Fold to a big river bet.

And obviously insta-fold against a raise on the river.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Fold pre-flop.

Check flop.

Bet turn.

Check-call small river bet. Fold to a big river bet.

And obviously insta-fold against a raise on the river.
Cant fold preflop since there is no raiser, and there are limpers before me on top i am in sb position

Checking is fine here on the flop

I have cbet turn

I did fold to a raise jam on the river

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats a bad river by the way, 84, J4 also beats my hand there
J4 is a terrible turn flat when the 8 pairs and you bet large- 84 maybe scared calls turn not raises but would it ever raise river?

Folding in Poker