3 players fold, CO raises to 1,050, Hero calls 1,050, 1 fold, BB calls 700

Flop: (3,640) 4 7 9 (3 players)
BB checks, CO bets 2,100, Hero calls 2,100, BB folds

Turn: (7,840) 7 (2 players)
CO bets 4,469, Hero calls 4,469

River: (16,778) 8 (2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks

Hi guys!

PRE: just call. i don't know this guy, he open 3x, so I prefer to call (especially that I have position on him).
FLOP: preety nice, I decide to call, but don't want to see a raise :D
TURN: also good for me, still call.
RIVER: also good for me. I block some Tx, but I don't see too much value on the river. Maybe thin value to get value from missed AQs+, TT?

What you play here? Villian is a low reg.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I am definitely 3-betting this hand BTN vs. CO. Unless you are trying to play some advanced balanced game, where you need to sometimes flat very strong hands to strengthen your flatting range, this is way to passive. If you are not 3-betting JJ in this late position confrontation, what are you even 3-betting for value? Like only QQ+ and occationally AK? He is supposed to be opening super wide from CO, and you are so far ahead of his range, that just calling is leaving a ton of money on the table. BTN vs, CO you can 3-bet like 15% of hands, and to balance out all your bluffs you need to have some value as well including JJ.

Flop and turn
As played its standard to just call his C-bets.

River
I think, your hand is super underrepped, and that you can actually go for some thin value here. If he had a hand better than your like QQ+ or a boat, I think, he would have bet again. So I would put him on a range of busted overcards, that are giving up, and then maybe some hands like TT or 9X, which check now for pot control and to induce a bluff from a busted draw. So I would bet like 8-10k here to get that hero call from a worse two pair than yours. If he check-jam, it obviously suck, but I think, you can just fold, since most people wont take that line as a bluff cery often.

C

chakalaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly time I 3betting here with my jacks, but because of his open 3x I decided just to flat. Not so often I see bottom range opening 3x. But in general you are right :D

Thanks! )

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With stacks this deep a 3BB open is totally standard especially in games with antes. Anything less is actually undersized and not optimal, because it gives the players in the blinds to good a price to defend. So for me I am not reading anything into this bet sizing, other than the fact he is probably a somewhat reasonable player :)

C

chakalaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That makes sense! I will adjust it into next session! :) Cheers!

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello, I understand call pre flop to raise 3x. Yes normally on deep stacks with JJ it is 3bet pre flop. But also don't feel too confident to 3bet against raise 3x, because if opponent will go allin we have to fold. I don't like call allins for about 60bb. So I understand this move. I think that if we plays sometimes only call with JJ it looks like a trap, so we have some balance. As played - I think that we have to bet on the river for value. I don't think so that he checks on the river with QQ+. I expect some two over cards in this situation. GL :)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet JJ only 50% = good line

Hi guys!

PRE: just call. i don't know this guy, he open 3x, so I prefer to call (especially that I have position on him).
FLOP: preety nice, I decide to call, but don't want to see a raise :D
TURN: also good for me, still call.
RIVER: also good for me. I block some Tx, but I don't see too much value on the river. Maybe thin value to get value from missed AQs+, TT?

What you play here? Villian is a low reg.

Hey chakalaka - I've found over the past year 3betting JJs every time you get them is not even break even. So I've settled on ONLY 3betting them about 50% of the time, and my results with them have improved greatly.

I agree with your line - and would have taken the same approach as you did.