$5.5 NLHE MTT: 10 10 on a flush board facing a shove

silverfox432

silverfox432

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he had it wouldn't he want me to hang around?

fold?

pokerstars Game #66857153125: Tournament #433346198, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (75/150) - 2011/09/01 16:34:22 WET [2011/09/01 11:34:22 ET]
Table '433346198 5' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: 5ilverf0x (12006 in chips)
Seat 2: shcrot (2760 in chips)
Seat 3: fdharis (2085 in chips)
Seat 4: tubadu (7728 in chips)
Seat 5: tovervorst (2615 in chips)
Seat 6: Kirso (5955 in chips)
Seat 7: Sharkie-Argh (4058 in chips)
Seat 8: floridajosch (3694 in chips)
Seat 9: chicha908 (8946 in chips)
5ilverf0x: posts the ante 20
shcrot: posts the ante 20
fdharis: posts the ante 20
tubadu: posts the ante 20
tovervorst: posts the ante 20
Kirso: posts the ante 20
Sharkie-Argh: posts the ante 20
floridajosch: posts the ante 20
chicha908: posts the ante 20
fdharis: posts small blind 75
tubadu: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 5ilverf0x
ts.jpg
tc.jpg

tovervorst: folds
Kirso: folds
Sharkie-Argh: folds
floridajosch: raises 150 to 300
chicha908: folds
5ilverf0x: calls 300
shcrot: folds
fdharis: folds
tubadu: calls 150
*** FLOP ***
7s.jpg
4s.jpg
2c.jpg

tubadu: checks
floridajosch: checks
5ilverf0x: bets 693
tubadu: raises 1016 to 1709
floridajosch: folds
5ilverf0x: calls 1016
*** TURN ***
7s.jpg
4s.jpg
2c.jpg
qs.jpg

tubadu: bets 5699 and is all-in
5ilverf0x: ?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he had it wouldn't he want me to hang around?
fold?
Only if he has the Nut Flush. Let's say he has 89s. He's not entirely comfortable with his hand and feels like he needs to take it down now because he fears you.
Or he honestly thinks you might make a hero call being the big stack.
Or he isn't bright enough to extract value from his hand.
Or he's just repping it and bluffing you.
Or (according to his postflop raise) he flopped trips and has pushed it way too far versus the flush draw board.
4 of those says he has you beat - one says he doesn't. I fold to protect my massive stack and wait for another spot.
But that flat call preflop - UGH!

Last edited:
C

cheaptrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strange line. i'm sorta clueless as to what range we can give him here. he basically check/min-raises flop. could be draw, set, over pair or just FOS. idk?
the shove OTT doesn't really help me eliminate too many possibility's.

i'm so lost as to what to put him on, i would probably fold and look for a better spot. we have a nice stack at this point and would hate to give up half of it drawing dead.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Convert the HH into a more readable format, it's really annoying trying to read these posts. Also, any information you have, post it, you surely would have had some sort of a read on these guys, even if you have 10 hands on them you can start to form at least an idea of how they play.

I'm likely to just 3bet this pre-flop and be happy to get it in vs the shortstacked player who opened. As played, i really have no idea, but our decision is not on the turn, it's on the flop, so make your decision there, if we're calling, we have to expect a turn bet/shove so plan ahead for that. An idea of a plan might be, "I'm going to call on the flop here, and call any turn shove that isn't a spade".

An idea of a range might consist of sets, paired hands, some two pair hands (though i think they are unlikely) and lots of random draws and combo draws, like a pair and a draw type hands. Against all that, without looking at the math, we're can't even be in really good shape, it depends on if this player tends to overvalue paired hands, but since we don't know that, we have to assume that paired hands won't show up here as often as say draws would. So if we're calling the flops in the event that we wil call any non spade turn, then it's probably a reasonable plan.

EDIT- I forgot to include random spazziness, since it's a $5 MTT. Makes me think we're better off than i imagine, i assume a lot of players would overvalue somehting like A7 here or even a middle pair. Reads help

Last edited:
B

bigphatmike

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its pretty obvious he doesnt have a flush here when he raises to almost 2k on the flop. he either hit the set or has rags like A7 with Ace of spades if you feel he doesnt have the set i snap call, and hope it holds. that would be sick if has like aq and just got lucky on the turn thats why he went all in. But GL
Hope that helped!!
TTYL

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold. line looks like an overpair to the flop (or set); flush possibilities unlikely but possible. People make this play because they don't want to get sucked out on - they aren't thinking about wanting the FD to call.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its pretty obvious he doesnt have a flush here when he raises to almost 2k on the flop. he either hit the set or has rags like A7 with Ace of spades if you feel he doesnt have the set i snap call, and hope it holds. that would be sick if has like aq and just got lucky on the turn thats why he went all in. But GL
Hope that helped!!
TTYL

Why is it obvious he doesn't have a flush? I'd play a flush draw this way most of the time.

Full Flush Poker