Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Is that horrible fold i make to a river bet and after this action...and please correct any mistake you see :)

Attachments

• 2023-05-02_ 08-25_AM_$0.13_$0.25_#2075136463.png
    2023-05-02_ 08-25_AM_$0.13_$0.25_#2075136463.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 43
heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Is that horrible fold i make to a river bet and after this action...and please correct any mistake you see :)
Dosnt matter, out pretty much the same fashion that i like to drop my enemies 🤮I called turn all in :)

Attachments

• Suck Out_2023-05-02_11_29 AM.png
    Suck Out_2023-05-02_11_29 AM.png
    406.7 KB · Views: 8
Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course the river is nowhere a card, you'd like to see, but you only have to call 4.7k chips to potentially win 25k (and a bounty), so I'd always make this call with TPTK and especially since you have still a great stack left, even if you loose.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Of course the river is nowhere a card, you'd like to see, but you only have to call 4.7k chips to potentially win 25k (and a bounty), so I'd always make this call with TPTK and especially since you have still a great stack left, even if you loose.
That was my thought right after i folded, and right after i really pay attention what happend,and quit everything else here what im doing simultaneosly :giggle:

I shoud checked out more of my hands here, lots of card wisdom here :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all this is not a horrible fold- all you have is 1 pair on a board that has straight flush possible many flushes possible -we block none- straights possible the BB is often calling for the bounty with 2 pair or even a baby flush themselves and a great bluff spot for IP to leverage the BB vs you- So no not a horrible fold at all---Do not think ok I need to be calling more often in spots like this it will not be good for your bankroll- As to the bounty it is not big enough to adapt our calling range enough to overcall with TPTK no blockers when the bb overcalls most often- yes this spot but no not enough spots- Sometimes we just fold to a bluff it is ok not horrible

Thinking deeply about the turn is where you will get the most study benefit

What was your goal when you bet big on flop on a rainbow weakly connected board? What hand ranges did you expect to continue?
How does the 6d interact with those ranges? 3 way with now a very wet board do we want to continue to build the pot vs two ranges BB being the most likely connected range to this turn card?
Do we want to continue 3way or get folds? Was our sizing good for getting folds?
How nutted can we be here? Does that effect our turn betting decisions?
With the IP V being bounty available and an SPR of 1 does that influence our turn sizing when we choose to bet? If we do bet how can we put max pressure on the BB as they are the V that concerns us the most due to their SPR? Do these two factors respond well to the same bet sizing on turn?

:unsure::geek:

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
First of all this is not a horrible fold- all you have is 1 pair on a board that has straight flush possible many flushes possible -we block none- straights possible the BB is often calling for the bounty with 2 pair or even a baby flush themselves and a great bluff spot for IP to leverage the BB vs you- So no not a horrible fold at all---Do not think ok I need to be calling more often in spots like this it will not be good for your bankroll- As to the bounty it is not big enough to adapt our calling range enough to overcall with TPTK no blockers when the bb overcalls most often- yes this spot but no not enough spots- Sometimes we just fold to a bluff it is ok not horrible

Thinking deeply about the turn is where you will get the most study benefit

What was your goal when you bet big on flop on a rainbow weakly connected board? What hand ranges did you expect to continue?
How does the 6d interact with those ranges? 3 way with now a very wet board do we want to continue to build the pot vs two ranges BB being the most likely connected range to this turn card?
Do we want to continue 3way or get folds? Was our sizing good for getting folds?
How nutted can we be here? Does that effect our turn betting decisions?
With the IP V being bounty available and an SPR of 1 does that influence our turn sizing when we choose to bet? If we do bet how can we put max pressure on the BB as they are the V that concerns us the most due to their SPR? Do these two factors respond well to the same bet sizing on turn?

:unsure::geek:
Is there more then one option to get maxium on the turn? Checking gets at least one bet? Check raise all in? Or is it just bigger turn bet what you are alluding here? :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there more then one option to get maxium on the turn? Checking gets at least one bet? Check raise all in? Or is it just bigger turn bet what you are alluding here? :)
My questions where to help you think more deeply about the data we need to decide what to do, not specifically to say do X because X is better
When we study we want to take the time to dive deep off the table when we have the time. Diving deep means building ranges for a our V and then refining those ranges on each street because it is that data that powers our decisions.

So step 1 is to start with our flop sizing
Large bets always narrow ranges even playing most weak players but not as much as a good player would narrow
-here we see we were called by IP with a gut shot and BB with top pair- that is not their full preflop ranges but the gutter call is very wide. What that tells us is even the weak IP player is calling with a nut possible draw not just everything - no they should not have called LOL but we know that this player type does this.

So take the time to list all the draws on this board that would call a big bet
T8off 53? A6? A3dd? etc etc
We do the same for made hands and then decide how each villain would play them on flop and turn

Next we think about what hands that are ahead of us on this flop that are just flatting- are there any?

If we are expecting our V to have 2 overs to our J some made hands and some draws x2 players any turn card good be trouble for us

So when the turn card comes it interacts with a few draws but creates more draws- 56 on the flop was open ended but now is pair plus draw
The 6 does make some two pair hand

We ask ourselves do we want to check or bet-
As we saw here betting this size was not great for us because of the runout and the lack of clarity it gave us on the river.

So if we new the hands what sizing might we use vs a combo draw hand with an SPR of 1+ bounty and a second V with a top pair draw to two pair hand with a bigger stack?

So we then rank our 3 decisions- Check------ bet small for value no folds- ------bet large- pot-size putting bounty all-in- for max value and folds

My ranking in this spot as played would be pot1- check2- small3

How would you rank these decisions?

What other data would you use to make your turn decision that changes your ranking?

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
My questions where to help you think more deeply about the data we need to decide what to do, not specifically to say do X because X is better
When we study we want to take the time to dive deep off the table when we have the time. Diving deep means building ranges for a our V and then refining those ranges on each street because it is that data that powers our decisions.

So step 1 is to start with our flop sizing
Large bets always narrow ranges even playing most weak players but not as much as a good player would narrow
-here we see we were called by IP with a gut shot and BB with top pair- that is not their full preflop ranges but the gutter call is very wide. What that tells us is even the weak IP player is calling with a nut possible draw not just everything - no they should not have called LOL but we know that this player type does this.

So take the time to list all the draws on this board that would call a big bet
T8off 53? A6? A3dd? etc etc
We do the same for made hands and then decide how each villain would play them on flop and turn

Next we think about what hands that are ahead of us on this flop that are just flatting- are there any?

If we are expecting our V to have 2 overs to our J some made hands and some draws x2 players any turn card good be trouble for us

So when the turn card comes it interacts with a few draws but creates more draws- 56 on the flop was open ended but now is pair plus draw
The 6 does make some two pair hand

We ask ourselves do we want to check or bet-
As we saw here betting this size was not great for us because of the runout and the lack of clarity it gave us on the river.

So if we new the hands what sizing might we use vs a combo draw hand with an SPR of 1+ bounty and a second V with a top pair draw to two pair hand with a bigger stack?

So we then rank our 3 decisions- Check------ bet small for value no folds- ------bet large- pot-size putting bounty all-in- for max value and folds

My ranking in this spot as played would be pot1- check2- small3

How would you rank these decisions?

What other data would you use to make your turn decision that changes your ranking?
Check and big bet both got merit and i clearly hasnt been focused the way its should be. I check there (turn) often, cash not so much, and i bet almost every other river then that but still, its a profitable river call what i miss there; early stage small stake tournament, hell, aj is the nuts there :)