$5.30 NLHE STT Turbo: Just a cooler, right?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, I've had the situation come up surprisingly often lately where first or 2nd hand in a turbo or super turbo SnG I've gotten it all in preflop with KK vs. AA. In the last 3 days I've had it happen about 5 times out of 44 games. I think I'm playing it fine and it's just unlucky, but want to make sure I don't have a leak. I have 1 specific hand for you here, but the other hands weren't too different.

starting stacks 1500. all players involved have a starting stack.

SB: 10
BB: 20
UTG: folds
UTG+1: Folds
MP1: raises to 60
MP2: folds
HJ: Hero raises to 180 with :kd4::kc4:
CO: folds
BTN: folds
SB: raises to 450
BB: folds
MP1: folds
Hero: goes all in for 1,050
SB: calls

SB has :ad4::as4:

the board brings no help, and I'm out.

That is just 1 hand, but it goes about the same each time. There is usually a 3rd player who gets involved showing extreme strength and the other player ends up folding and I end up jamming with my KK and being shown AA.

any way to avoid this? I feel like because it's a turbo it's really hard to get away from....but maybe because it's early I should simmer down a little bit with my KK because what exactly are they going to call me with when I jam?

Last edited:
B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With KK this cannot go differently. SB will have AA in this spot often, but not most of the time; a reasonable range of hands for him would be QQ-AA and AK.
So fold AK and (usually) QQ here to SB's 4-bet, but jam AA and KK.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya, I'm pretty much never folding in this spot. Not much you can do but jam here pre. If it were me I would've 5 bet to around 900(obv this doesn't change the outcome of this scenario).

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didn't get past the fact you had KK, yes it's a cooler, this will happen the opposite way around exactly the times it should happen, and of course since people are bad they will also show up with worse here, they won't fold TT+ very often, or AK, so be happy about getting this in and focus on the stuff that matters more to your bottom line.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes cooler, not so often be AA , also the range hands villain : QQ JJ TT AK AQs and some time fulll trash....

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not worth it to get knock out early with anything less than KK and AA.

So i would agree it just a cooler situation.I would do exactly the same also

anytime,any position.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cooler your not folding KK in a SNG this early ever

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't read the post just saw you had KK and it was all in pre flop.

Obviously we're never ever ever folding, just a cooler.