$40 NLHE STT: $40 NLHE LIVE STT: Do you try to get lucky here?

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$40 NL HE STT: $40 NL HE LIVE STT: Do you try to get lucky here?

K Live STT we're down to final 5, up until someone successfully bluffed me off of a hand in the middle stages of this game I was controlling the table. Every hand that went to showdown when I was in the hand was the nuts.

So here we are the blinds are 500/1000

I am in the BB with 4500
UTG goes all in with his last 1000 chips.
SB completes.

I look down at 2c 4c and check my option.

Flop: 7c 3c Ah

SB Bet's enough to put me all in...

I figured I really needed to try to get lucky here because otherwise I'm screwed even more so than I am but, what would you do with a M of like 2.5 ?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have t4500 before or after you post? Also, what is the payout structure? Just the normal 50-30-20?

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4500 after I post the 1000. Yeah the payout structure was horrible. 3rd got $66 (profit of $22 after buy in)

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t4500 is enough that we can fold here. If SB had checked to us, I would jam here all day. But I hate calling for my tournament life, in a multi-way pot, this close to the bubble, when villain is never bluffing, all on a draw.

I guess one argument for calling would be if our villain's are playing pretty loose (which would be typical of live play), and we wouldn't have any fold equity should we choose to fold and jam one of the next three hands. Otherwise, I'd fold, and go all-in if it folds to me, pretty much ATC. Also, stack sizes of the other villains might dictate your decision one way or the other.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I was taking into account that there are 5 left all of which have me covered except UTG and knocked the better players out ( <3 Suckouts ).

I guess I could have folded and hoped to have a better spot in the next couple of hands but guaranteed these 3 other guys would call my all in with ATC and check to the river. As they did this with almost everyone else.

Maybe I should have just folded and waited but didn't think I had any time left to be patient and felt like I had to make a move there.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If that's the case, then I wouldn't argue against calling here.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wanted to make sure that what I did wasn't a totally idiotic move.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
seems odd to speak in 'M' value in a SNG?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Getting almost 2:1 and couldn't hope for a much better flop than that one. I'd callzzzz.
Villain may have TopPr.Weak Kicker at best.... if better than why are they trying to isolate & push you off the pot? Wouldn't they check-raise you allin if they hit that flop hard, hoping to get as many chips into the pot as possible? (although it could also be a higher fl drw (because of the flop donkshove)& would put you in a bad spot for sure).

Organize a Home Poker Game