$4.50 NLHE MTT: Top 2 on a wet board in a 3bet pot

C

CampaLoa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
180 man sit n go
Unfortunately, I don't have the hand history on this one, but I try to make it readable
MP1 raises 45 to 75

folded to me in de BB

I raise it up to 250

MP1 calls (pot 515)

Flop: J A K rainbow

I bet 375

MP1 calls (pot 1265, we both have a little more behind, he got me covered by 350 chips)

Turn Q (all rainbow, no flushdraws)

I check with the intention of shoving

MP1 bets 948 and I shove

Is this a bad play?

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, you have AK? I think it's a reasonable play. It would have been a mistake to be calling with a ten. A set is a possibility, but I would think he'd shove before the river with a set. So yeah, sometimes I get knocked out here, but I wouldn't feel bad about the play...

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't agree. He raise/calls preflop. If he has a T, then his other card is likely anything from T on up. TT, JT, QT, KT, AT are all hands that call this flop.
Then again, there are lots of hands without the T that can call. If you have this player read as somewhat fishy, you can add many aces and some kings to his range.
I don't see the point in shoving. You're representing the T so are folding out everything you beat. I highly doubt you'll fold out any sets (unlikely anyway, given the preflop, but it happens). So you're risking your tournament for little possible reward.

I pot this flop, to discourage drawing calls.
When the Q turns I lead/fold, for about 1/2 to 2/3 pot.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a lot that depends on a read. It is only the 2nd level, but if this is a regular speed, we probably have some kind of information on the villain. If indeed he has a ten, he shouldn't have called that flop bet. But if he's been calling with mediocre hands and lousy draws so far, we might get away from this hand. Leading the turn is probably a better play than check/shove, though I suspect he flats again...

C

CampaLoa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I shoved, i only had 300 more chips than the original bet on the turn, so it surely wouldnt fold out any hands i suppose, my intention was to let him either bluff or bet for value, as I would have gotten my money in anyway and if I had lead the turn, I lost the opportunity to get value in him bluffing at me.

Or is this a very strange way of thinking?