$4.40 NLHE MTT Turbo: super misclick.. have no clue why I called.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So yeah.. abuse me so I don't make retard calls like this again. :withstupi

Bad excuse but I leveled my self into thinking he'd make this move with a smaller pair for some reason? I don't know whats wrong with me in MTT's.. :mad:

Erghh..

Go.

pokerstars - $4+$0.40|60/120 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

LP: 2,835.00
CO: 9,995.00
BTN: 7,545.00
SB: 5,970.00
Hero (BB): 9,233.00
UTG: 4,120.00
UTG+1: 2,720.00
MP: 2,275.00
MP+1: 2,990.00

LP posts ante 15.00, CO posts ante 15.00, BTN posts ante 15.00, SB posts ante 15.00, Hero posts ante 15.00, UTG posts ante 15.00, UTG+1 posts ante 15.00, MP posts ante 15.00, MP+1 posts ante 15.00, SB posts SB 60.00, Hero posts BB 120.00

Pre Flop: (315.00) Hero has Ah As

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to 252.00, fold, fold, Hero raises to 840.00, CO calls 588.00

Flop: (1875.00, 2 players) 8s Kd 3d
Hero bets 1,080.00, CO calls 1,080.00

Turn: (4035.00, 2 players) Kh
Hero bets 1,800.00, CO calls 1,800.00

River: (7635.00, 2 players) 5d
Hero checks, CO bets 6,260.00 and is all-in, Hero calls 5,498.00 and is all-in

CO shows Ks Ad (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 6%, Flop 13%, Turn 98%)
Hero shows Ah As (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 94%, Flop 87%, Turn 2%)
CO wins 18,631.00

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Misclick huh? C'mon, you can admit it, you thought you were ahead ;)

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am no good at MTTs but the flop bet looks small, granted you may not have gotten him off the Kings with the Ace kicker anyway.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know.. I completely butchered this hand. I don't think I could've done anything worse tbh.

I don't normally do this, or make bad calls like that.. I don't know what I was thinking.

Just waiting for gomez or WV to rip me apart really..

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet the river as im not check/folding and check calling lets him check behind with midpairs which we beat and would likely call us

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have liked a slightly larger bet on the flop, but as played I don't mind the c/f on the river. You absolutely have to fold to the shove though. I am never thinking villain's line reps a bluff here, especially with the river diamond.

Also bet/fold on the river is just out of the question. With only 5500 left and a 7600 pot on the river, any bet prices you into a call.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have liked a slightly larger bet on the flop, but as played I don't mind the c/f on the river. You absolutely have to fold to the shove though. I am never thinking villain's line reps a bluff here, especially with the river diamond.

Also bet/fold on the river is just out of the question. With only 5500 left and a 7600 pot on the river, any bet prices you into a call.

Bet a bit smaller because his range has no K's in it really.. (dismissed AK because I figured it would've been 4 bet) and my range has loads..

that's my reasoning for the bet size, and besides I can still get stacks in by the river if he calls me for 3 streets anyway.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You called because you can't fold pocket aces regardless ;)

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You called because you can't fold pocket aces regardless ;)

I'm a massive salmon when it comes to MTT's..

I knew I was behind but I called out of irritation that I'd been outdrawn again.

was one of those 'oh **** it' calls, I'm not playing MTT's again till the micro millions :rolleyes:

this is what happens when I play less than 10 tables, end up spazzing :mad:

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a massive salmon when it comes to MTT's..

I knew I was behind but I called out of irritation that I'd been outdrawn again.

was one of those 'oh **** it' calls, I'm not playing MTT's again till the micro millions :rolleyes:

this is what happens when I play less than 10 tables, end up spazzing :mad:

I dont know why you think the river should be a check fold?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is he shipping the river with except some retard K or set?

probably nothing maybe QQ and total air and backdoored flush, but that isnt the majority of his range, often when we check river he checks behind with 99-QQ.

Although the K on the turn now puts KQ and AK ahead of us, it gives us less combos that beat 99-QQ so he can put more money in against us more confidently.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably nothing maybe QQ and total air and backdoored flush, but that isnt the majority of his range, often when we check river he checks behind with 99-QQ.

Although the K on the turn now puts KQ and AK ahead of us, it gives us less combos that beat 99-QQ so he can put more money in against us more confidently.

you don't think QQ/JJ 4 bets? (ignoring the fact that he called a 3 bet with AK)

and I don't think he's good enough to either:

- turn his smaller pair into a bluff and rep a K
- float for 2 streets to take it away on the river
- or ship there for value against my 'A high'

he sometimes has a random bluff, and sometimes a flush.. but I still hate my call, we're always beat here.

I see what you're saying, I just don't give him credit.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you don't think QQ/JJ 4 bets? (ignoring the fact that he called a 3 bet with AK)

and I don't think he's good enough to either:

- turn his smaller pair into a bluff and rep a K
- float for 2 streets to take it away on the river
- or ship there for value against my 'A high'

he sometimes has a random bluff, and sometimes a flush.. but I still hate my call, we're always beat here.

I see what you're saying, I just don't give him credit.

No i dont see QQ/JJ 4betting 100% of the time here, especially if you have an agg image here, calling and letting you barrel off your A high seems fine, (your 3betting range will contain alot of air in this spot right?)

but more likely here he is just mashing buttons and bets because you checked. could be betting something retarded like AQ or T9 98. I think check/calling is a terrible line but i prefer Betting to check/folding as we extract more value from hands we beat and i hate it when he checks behind with a hand that would have called.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i dont see QQ/JJ 4betting 100% of the time here, especially if you have an agg image here, calling and letting you barrel off your A high seems fine, (your 3betting range will contain alot of air in this spot right?)

but more likely here he is just mashing buttons and bets because you checked. could be betting something retarded like AQ or T9 98. I think check/calling is a terrible line but i prefer Betting to check/folding as we extract more value from hands we beat and i hate it when he checks behind with a hand that would have called.

was like the 5th hand I'd played at the table, I tend to play pretty tight tbh (too tight, its a leak)

and that can explain the flop flat, and the turn flat.. but the river jam?

i checked with the expectation he'd always check back his PP's so doesn't the river jam polarise his range here?

with that thought in mind the call isn't SO bad.

betting vs check/calling is just how much of his range will call a river jam with PP's vs how much of his range will jam the river as a bluff.. which in this spot has more PP's in his range so yeah, agreed again!

guess you've turned me round duggs.

:viking:

M

momfight

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My two cents - . I dont like barrelling here and when he smooth calls again that to me is an instant fold. All my money would have been in preflop or flop. Its easy to say though when I can see the whole hand played out.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
..all in pre flop or on the flop :rolleyes:

obv shipping 9k over a 252 raise is the best play here, do you coach?

but yeah, its a bad card for us to barrel because AK/KQ etc caught up.. and if we were bluffing with AQs etc its a horrible card to barrel because we're repping such a thin range. thats imo, but I dunno figured this thread was dead lol.