$4.40 NLHE MTT Turbo: Multiway pot with KK and a lot of action, rush poker SNG

T

Trentecaller

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, this will be my first hand of a couple of the last session. I've been doing great at these Rush SnGs but I have trouble playing the real big pots. I have a much bigger edge at the late game and I make a few too much mistakes early. I would like to get my ~68% ROI on these games up to over a 100% which I'm fairly sure is possible since I make too much of these mistakes. So here's one I really probably played wrong but I have trouble playing a hand like this. How should I have done this?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t2120)
SB (t1490)
BB (t90)
UTG (t1925)
UTG+1 (t1880)
MP1 (t1820)
MP2 (t4420)
MP3 (t2060)
Hero (CO) (t4165)

Hero's M: 92.56

Preflop: Hero is CO with K
heart.gif
, K
diamond.gif

2 folds, MP1 calls t30, 2 folds, Hero bets t120, Button calls t120, 1 fold, BB calls t60 (All-In), MP1 calls t90

Flop: (t465) 4
heart.gif
, 9
club.gif
, Q
spade.gif
(4 players, 1 all-in)
MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: (t465) 5
club.gif
(4 players, 1 all-in)
MP1 bets t465, Hero raises to t1230, Button raises to t2000 (All-In), MP1 calls t1235 (All-In), Hero: ???

T

Trentecaller

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like I said, I'm a bit of a novice player. I thought I might induce a bet of the guy behind me. But I should have I assume. So what would have happened had I bet the flop here and how much should I have bet? 65% of the pot? Should I post what they had?

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like I said, I'm a bit of a novice player. I thought I might induce a bet of the guy behind me. But I should have I assume. So what would have happened had I bet the flop here and how much should I have bet? 65% of the pot? Should I post what they had?

well I think 4 handed I am probably betting closer to 3/4-pot sized bet. This is really not a spot where you want to mess around. The flop is very good for us but with 3 villains we definitely dont want give say a pair of 5's a chance to catch his set for free. You will get equally as much action with say AQ betting out than check raising.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you bet the flop for value. In a pot where you have the initiative (i.e. you've raised pre-flop), it is rare for your opponents to bet behind you if you check to them. It'd be totally different if your opponent had the initiative and you were out of position. Then you could check to them and expect them to c-bet the majority of the time. But here, you must bet yourself. Personally I bet t400 and shove pretty much any turn (look at your opponents stack sizes).