Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 12/12/6

BB is on the tighter side. VP:12 PFR:12. 0/5 from BB

It's an 8 max, were 7 handed.

Hero: 70898 (35BB) SB
Villain: 50755 (25BB) BB

Preflop
Blinds 1k/2k. I raise to 5k. Villain calls.

Flop Pot:12k Q 10 8 r
I bet 4885. Villain Raises to 12k. I call

Turn Pot: 36k 6d
Hero checks. Villain shoves for 34k. I fold.

I felt he had two pair, Q 10 or 10 8. It was close. I think he calls with JQ on the flop and might play KQ the same way. In my head a 12k raise on the flop screams value though, so if he did have KQ i feel he would be betting around 13k+? J9 is out of the question for me.

I guess i could of played flop differently rather than just floating but im not too sure.

Thoughts?

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may sound like a fish but I don't fold in this spot because if he is trying to obtain value, the bet in the turn should be more little, I see this shove as a try to make you fold, he probably have a SD or a good Queen.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think preflop need only shove or fold when villain 3bet, mostly shove will be fine/ think 50% equity you will have vs stats 12/12/6.

About postflop, only fold when villain raise, him 3bet preflop and raise flop looks very strong because he have tight stats, him range now AA KK or set.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think preflop need only shove or fold when villain 3bet, mostly shove will be fine/ think 50% equity you will have vs stats 12/12/6.

About postflop, only fold when villain raise, him 3bet preflop and raise flop looks very strong because he have tight stats, him range now AA KK or set.

There was no 3bet pre, hero OR's to 5k and villain calls.

I would of folded to the raise on the flop, as he could have 2 pair, more likely to be QT more than Q8, but I wouldn't rule out J9s as it is a bvb situation, villain is only against 1 player as everyone else has folded.

How many hands do you have on villain?

L

lmjones

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Had about 60 hands on him at the time. Not too many but a reasonable amount to go off. I rule out j9 because i feel he might just float the flop and wont be shoving the turn all that often.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get it in lol, overthinking this way too much. We can have him absolutely crushed here with a ton of hands we beat, we could also be outfloppped here, but the guy has 25bb, if he outflopped TPTK so be it.

S

subdylzep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly i think you got bluffed off of a hand here. I think that he had you on a draw, something like a weird straight draw or just thought you were completely missed and just c-bet the flop because the flop bet you threw out was way too small. I think he was just playing completely against you, the only other thing i can think is that he hit a set and was trying to completely protect it. It was a rainbow flop so i dont think he had a semi bluff or anything like that, I dont think he was on a straight draw either. I think that if you hit a flop like that you are going to have to bet a little higher on the flop to get a better read on the situation. If you would have bet something like 2/5 the flop instead of 4885 then you could have seen where you were at with a lot more confidence. It was still a good fold anyway you cut it, sometimes you get bluffed off of a hand iand its worth it just to let the hand go because you have enough chips to get back in the game and catch the player later in the tourament if his tendencies continue to be so loose and crazy. I think you need to do a little better bet sizing on the flop with such a strong hand late in a tournament, it gives too much of an impression that you are weak in the hand and gives them a chance to play back at you, on the other hand when you play weak like that and hit a set or 2 pr or overpair you can catch them very quickly with their overbets. In any case it was an OK, but work on the bet sizing to give yourself a better read against the villiain in the future. Good luck in future endevours

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
get it in lol, overthinking this way too much. We can have him absolutely crushed here with a ton of hands we beat, we could also be outfloppped here, but the guy has 25bb, if he outflopped TPTK so be it.

This ^

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Him leading out after calling raise looks suspicious. Smells like KK AA for a guy with 25BB pre. but I also feel like you should've shoved on his 3bet....but I'm amazed you got away from this on a rainbow flop.