$4.40 NLHE MTT: $4.40 NLHE MTT : KK in UTG facing All-in from BTN

T

theonegoat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey y'all I am wondering if I did the right move in this hand. Here it is.
Stacks:
UTG - Hero (
T8,500)
UTG+1 - UTG+1 (
T9,833)
UTG+2 - UTG+2 (
T3,130)
MP - MP (
T9,092)
MP2 - MP2 (
T9,159)
CO - CO (
T14,838)
BTN - BTN (
T4,342)
SB - SB (
T2,329)
BB - BB (
T584)

Preflop: (
T405, 9 players) Hero is UTG with K♠K♦Hero raises to T450, 2 folds, MP calls T450, MP2 calls T450, CO calls T450, BTN raises to T4,322 (all-in), 1 fold, BB calls T414 (all-in), Hero calls T3,872, MP calls T3,872, MP2 calls T3,872, 1 fold

Flop:
6♠7♦A♣ (T18,557, 5 players, 2 all-in - Hero: T4,158, MP: T4,750, MP2: T4,817, BTN: T0, BB: T0)
Hero checks, MP checks,
MP2 bets T300, Hero calls T300, MP calls T300

Turn:
2♥ (T19,457, 5 players, 2 all-in - Hero: T3,858, MP: T4,450, MP2: T4,517, BTN: T0, BB: T0)Hero bets T750, 1 fold, MP2 calls T750

River:
2♣ (T20,957, 4 players, 2 all-in - Hero: T3,108, MP2: T3,767, BTN: T0, BB: T0)
Hero checks,
MP2 bets T1,050, Hero raises to T2,100, MP2 calls T1,050

Total Pot:
T25,157
Hero shows
K♠K♦ (two pair, Kings and Deuces)
MP2 shows
6♥6♦ (a full house, Sixes full of Deuces)
BTN mucks
T♥T♣
BB mucks
A♦7♠

MP2 wins T6,600 from side pot 2
MP2 wins T15,032 from side pot 1
MP2 wins T3,525 from main pot
My kings got cracked, shit happens.

I'm wondering if I should have went all-in instead of calling the previous all-in.

I'm thinking that by simply calling I gave better pot odds to the remaining players in the hand and therefore they were more willing to call my bet instead of folding.

I'd love to hear what are your thoughts on this, thanks

Last edited:
TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it well, especially being UTG. As you pointed out you got unlucky and it happens, it's just sometimes we have to take away we played correctly. Only thing is, when you have one player raise all-in and you have so many people in the hand, it is the perfect time to re-shove to try to protect against the smaller pairs pre-flop.

T

theonegoat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool, thanks for the feedback dude

May I bother you once again ?

I'm also wondering if going all-in pre-flop is a good idea in a MTT.

Seeing as it often ends up being a coin flip , I just think it's not the best move if you're trying to run deep.

What do you think ?

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rejam over the btn shove preflop...pretty standard to be going broke with KK. If you aren't willing to get it all in preflop with KK then idk what to tell you - it's the 2nd nuts preflop - never be scared to get it all in pre with KK...its rarely ever a coin flip - you are 70/30 vs AK...that's far from a coin flip.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you should go all in before the flop. By calling you committed almost half your stack, and if someone else comes along, postflop is going to be awkward, especially on a A high board. So might as well just get it in preflop and be done. As played I would not start betting or raising postflop on that board. Its kind of crazy, that the guy, who flopped a set, did not get it in. But good for you, that he let you keep your last 1.000 chips or so :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey y'all I am wondering if I did the right move in this hand. Here it is.
My kings got cracked, shit happens.

I'm wondering if I should have went all-in instead of calling the previous all-in.

I'm thinking that by simply calling I gave better pot odds to the remaining players in the hand and therefore they were more willing to call my bet instead of folding.

I'd love to hear what are your thoughts on this, thanks

Thank U 4 Posting.

Preflop shove

If we just call:
check flop- check turn- fold to turn bet or river bet. This is a tournament we need the chips. The odds of someone bluffing worse than KK is so low that this should just check through if u r winning.

As played.

You bet turn 750 ok fine -get called. You check river and V bets and u check raise 1K more when the pot is 24k and no ace is going to fold.
Would you bet QQ on that river in V's spot? Why would your V?
Would you fold any ACE on that river getting 24 to 1? Why would your V?

The V thought you had AA so did not go all-in, and still called.

So why if a Villain thinks we have AA and will still call are we check raising?

The key here is to have a great reason for this check raise. What is it?

Hope this helps

:):)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool, thanks for the feedback dude

May I bother you once again ?

I'm also wondering if going all-in pre-flop is a good idea in a MTT.

Seeing as it often ends up being a coin flip , I just think it's not the best move if you're trying to run deep.

What do you think ?

The reason why I say shoving pre-flop is because your raise still has more than 2 opponents. When you re-raise shove, it polarizes your hand to a monster hand, giving the 66 hand the idea that his hand is probably not good, and folds. When we are in the spot, we need to protect our holdings when we know we are ahead.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I understand correctly the blinds are 75/150 or something like that?
What's going on here? MP and MP2 call half of their stack (30bb from 60bb)... against what it seems like KK/AA. These flat calls (like yours) on allins are almost always KK/AA xD.

So MP2 thinks that he has good odds to go for it. Yeah, a six will show up, no problem xD.
Outside of jokes, I find MP2's call terrible if that's the case. And he's post flop action is even more terrible.

I think that either you jam after BTN's shove or just call are both viable.
But now on the flop and with everyone calling (lol) you need to just check.
Check all day till the end of time :p .
Whyyyyy do you lead bet the turn and raise the river? I know it's frustrating but we are still in and playing, don't make tilt moves or give up as long as you still have chips.
Or you think that you can make him fold? He has to call even with pure air here.

R

rockstarblue012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
- The main problem here is you're playing is wayyy too passive.

KK is a good hand but it's still only a pair.

You NEED as in 100% of the time to be re-jamming for isolation.

- However, let's say you did call and the hand plays out as it did.

You have to assume, that someone has an ace due to preflop play. It would be extremely surprising if nobody had an ace.

- Also your bet sizing.

Too timid. Aggression is what will make you win overtime.

- Let's look at the maths here

On the turn you bet T750 into a pot of T19,457.
You're giving any player 25.94 to 1 to call that. It's silly. The maths states I could in theory call with any two cards here.

- To round it all up. You NEED to play for isolation between you and one other player. The truth is, KK and even AA don't hold up well in a multi-way pot, as it's still only one pair.

Glad you posted on a forum and that you are willing to learn from your mistakes, keep up the good work! :)