$4 180 nonturbo: easy fold for some.. ?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is from the one I went on to win.
Anyway: judging by stacks and dudes at my table I think we were around 30ish left and I wasn't in too bad of a shape obviously.

29vpip/12pfr/2af
100% limp/call
21% limp

poker stars, $4.40 Buy-in (125/250 blinds, 25 ante) NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (BB): 35.4 bb
UTG: 99 bb
UTG+1: 35.3 bb
MP1: 28.2 bb
MP2: 28.9 bb
MP3: 13.7 bb
CO: 14.9 bb
BTN: 13.7 bb
SB: 34.9 bb

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with K
club.gif
spade.gif

5 folds, CO calls 1 bb, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: (3.4 bb) 8
heart.gif
diamond.gif
J
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 2 bb, CO calls 2 bb

Turn: (7.4 bb) T
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets 11.8 bb and is all-in, Hero ???<3???

Was I crazy for wanting to call it ?
What does he limp with that beats us ?
Any chance our hand is good and he's shoving the scare card ?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without any reads this is a snap fold, since every drawing hand on the flop now beats us, unless hes shoving a,q i dont see what we beat

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it's so long ago I don't remember the reads I have :(
But I'm sure I had something on him. I think that he limps/calls too much or just limped in general too much.

C

Caysewell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold. Many hands that can beat you, he may or may not have one of them. Pot is a little small to risk it, fold'em!

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold here. As far as limping hands, AT, JT, KT, QT, T9, and possibly the 77 or 88, pretty much everything that beats you

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always a chance opponent is shoving over your check on the scare card. With your position and this flop you are almost required to double barrel this to know where you are in the hand.

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am from the group that starts pushing any two cards from the CO when it folds to me when I have 20bbs. This is a fast tournament, antes are present. I push very thin, but I am hoping that 20bbs still does damage to anyone willing to call.

I think Villain should check behind here on the turn and use a bluff out on the River... meh.. call and cry.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where are your outs to a gutshot?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am from the group that starts pushing any two cards from the CO when it folds to me when I have 20bbs. This is a fast tournament, antes are present. I push very thin, but I am hoping that 20bbs still does damage to anyone willing to call.

I think Villain should check behind here on the turn and use a bluff out on the River... meh.. call and cry.

This is not a fast tournament. It is non turbo. And I had plenty of chips to wait for a better spot imo. Proven because I did and went on to win it ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not a fast tournament. It is non turbo. And I had plenty of chips to wait for a better spot imo. Proven because I did and went on to win it ;).

Well. You have 35bbs. Villain has 14bbs. To Villain, time is running out

Turbos do not determine a Fast Tournament. Turbos define a Luck-fest... whoever is dealt the best cards wins Turbos.

$4 tournaments, my guess, are T1500 starting, 10/20 or 15/30 starting blinds, 6-10 minutes levels. This tournament structure is fast.

I think the pushing range here is pretty wide, especially with 2 hearts on the board. Folding is equitable, too.

Congratulations.

Last edited:
Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blind levels are 15 minutes. Fast would 10-12 and turbo is 5 min, I'm not aware of any increments between 5 and 10 on stars.

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blind levels are 15 minutes. Fast would 10-12 and turbo is 5 min, I'm not aware of any increments between 5 and 10 on stars.

Fair enough.. I see the level here is higher than FT (120/240/25) ... so Hero has enough time to fold this and Villain should be stealing much needed blinds.

Last edited:
F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does he limp with that beats us ?
Calling with just outs to a gutshot is not enough I know but any chance our hand is good and he's shoving the scare card ?

You have to realise that

1. this board nails the range with which alot of ppl will limp
2. there are TONS AND TONS of pair + gutshot hands on the flop. There is no reason to think that villain had a bare gutshot like A9 here, but there is plenty of reason to think that villain will show up with 79, 89, J9, etc. There are also plenty of pair + GS hands on the flop that now have 2 pair, 8T 7T, JT, etc. Villain could even be spazzing out with a one pair hand that is better than yours coz he doesn't know how to play it now that the board got so ugly.

Unless villain is an absolute spaz (very well might be), this is a snap fold.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK.

I realize this is really a bad situation to commit any chips.
Better save them for later.

I just thought I had a read and for a minute wanted to go with it but then decided against it.

Folding in Poker