skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
17 have entry to MM24 (BI $2.2).. Most of the players have been in line

How should I have approached this

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.33 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 25 Ante (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

CO (t7,755)
Hero (Button) (t10,373)
SB (t6,520)
BB (t7,412)
UTG (t3,230)
MP1 (t10,553)
MP2 (t4,873)

Hero's M: 16.60

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10
spade.gif
, K
diamond.gif

4 folds, Hero raises to t620, 1 fold, BB calls t320

Flop: (t1,565) J
heart.gif
, A
diamond.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t600, Hero calls t600

Turn: (t2,765) 9
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t600, BB calls t600

River: (t3,965) K
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t5,567 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t3,965

Results below:
BB didn't show

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the full picture? For instance, what kinds of players are in the blinds? Are you right on the bubble? If not, how close is it? How many players are left and how many have small or tiny stacks?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry.. More Info
There were around 24/25 left so.. really small stack is only 1 w ~700 and ther others were around 2-4K

When I checked if i call the river I will have around 3K left which would put me around 16th

I am in the top 6-8 should most likely go through..I should easily go and the guys in the blinds are around 13/14

warturtle7

warturtle7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flush's and straight's got there so i would probably fold as well and only would call if he was crazy aggressive.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold pre...no reason to risk chips with K10o if you're very likely going to win a seat.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, when you're in a position where you have enough chips to be quite likely to win a ticket by folding, that should be your default option. This doesn't mean don't play at all. It does mean that when you weigh the pros and cons of playing a hand, you should consider it in the light of how it will affect your probability of winning a seat.

To use the classic example, say you think your chances of winning are 90% if you fold every hand. A much larger stack is open-shoving every hand, so his range is ATC. Should you call with AA? The answer is no because you'll win a ticket 90% of the time by folding, but only 80% of the time if you call.

B

beerzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're not increasing your equity in the tourney by gaining a bigger stack, as you're almost guaranteed a ticket just by sitting out, fold pf ofc.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need understand one moment, what when you raise button TK this only steal hand , and in flop if we not get nuts we need play passive and can only one cbet in flop, if villain check,,,
About your line game, preflop steal this fine, when villain donkbet in flop this easy call, because this look like bluff and very bad game, when he check in turn , we need pot controll becaise board very coardinated and many hand him range never fold and we have only 3 pair, this mistake bet in turn,, In turn/river only check/fold this fine line

And about sat with this stack, you can not play , because stack big and you can not risk,,,

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're not increasing your equity in the tourney by gaining a bigger stack, as you're almost guaranteed a ticket just by sitting out, fold pf ofc.
Actually, you are increasing your equity, but only by a small amount that does not justify taking the risk of losing, even as a solid favorite, when losing would mean busting or seriously diminishing your equity.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u should fold at the flop :) It would save you money and hard decision....

B

beerzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, you are increasing your equity, but only by a small amount that does not justify taking the risk of losing, even as a solid favorite, when losing would mean busting or seriously diminishing your equity.

What I was trying to say, I didn't expressed my self correctly, you're gaining equity but as your not playing to win the tournament it's a bad spot considering risk/reward, ty for correcting aw

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I was trying to say, I didn't expressed my self correctly, you're gaining equity but as your not playing to win the tournament it's a bad spot considering risk/reward, ty for correcting aw
yw, I was confident that what you saidt wasn't quite what you meant.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again guys.. your feedback is much appreciated.

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u should fold at the flop :) It would save you money and hard decision....

I'd do the same, but sometimes we can do what he did because he was in position and he had a nice stack. But i think i'd stop to c-betting on flop

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is truly a no brainer.
Nothing to win and a lot to lose.