Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In a donkament for sure you have to alter one's play considerably... very frustrating.
I would err on the side of betting much larger than I normally would (ie. w QQ on a K hi flop, in a 'real' game I would more than likely check behind,.... instead of turning a strong hand into a bluff... I'd be more apt to check behind and turn it into a 'bluff catcher'. BUT... in a donkament I'd probably fire out to represent the K on the flop with a c-bet of 4/5th pot. Sure it's a lame approach but suitable for a lame field of players imo.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im confused by this here.

so when you have lets say KK and an ace hits the board....your not supposed to make a continuation bet? cuz if you check, even if the other guy had QQ, he is sure to make a continuation bet isnt he? to protect his hand?

i always thought you were supposed to make that continuation bet to find out where your hand stands? hmmmm somebody please explain this.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im confused by this here.

so when you have lets say KK and an ace hits the board....your not supposed to make a continuation bet? cuz if you check, even if the other guy had QQ, he is sure to make a continuation bet isnt he? to protect his hand?

i always thought you were supposed to make that continuation bet to find out where your hand stands? hmmmm somebody please explain this.

Read the link I posted in the 8th post of this thread. We're referring to when you in position.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He donked you. Calling that raise preflop with 2s was wrong. I must admit I like the samll pairs. It gives you a great trap hand as you found out, but I fold them to a raise. He hit a set on the flop and it's tough to get a donk off a set. I would check the river, since he hung in there so long he's got something he thinks is worth betting, so he's gonna call you.