belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am playing 8 game 6 player sngs and imo omaha is my weakest link....regardless of the outcome I keep asking myself these same 2 questions ...should I have even been in this hand and if so did I proceed correctly? I love 8 game but omaha makes my head hurt.
Pre Flop: (t90) Hero is SB with 7h 7d Qs 3c
1 fold, BTN calls t60, Hero calls t30, BB checks
Flop: (t180) 7c Qc Ah (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets t120, Hero raises to t540, BB folds, BTN raises to t960, Hero raises to t1385 all in, BTN calls t425
Turn: (t2950) 8c (2 players - 1 is all in)
River: (t2950) 8h (2 players - 1 is all in)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold preflop, even for 30 chips it is not worth it cause your hand is absolute garbage and you never make the nuts. You have no flush draws, 1 bad straight, It is just a god aweful hand. Other than 7-7, you have 7-3, 7-3, Q-3, 7-Q, 7-Q.

You make bottom set on that flop which is kinda suckzors because there is a straight and flush draw on board so at best with you are like 55% (when people give you action you are far from favourite, if you bet and they fold you just fold out worse hands) and most of the time you are drawing to 1 card.

You cannot/ should not be c/r flop. It is a hand that has showdown value if the board does not worsen. After you raise and BTN 3 bets, you have to fold IMO, you still have 12bb left and you are never ever ever ahead.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Fold preflop, even for 30 chips it is not worth it cause your hand is absolute garbage and you never make the nuts. You have no flush draws, 1 bad straight, It is just a god aweful hand. Other than 7-7, you have 7-3, 7-3, Q-3, 7-Q, 7-Q.

You make bottom set on that flop which is kinda suckzors because there is a straight and flush draw on board so at best with you are like 55% (when people give you action you are far from favourite, if you bet and they fold you just fold out worse hands) and most of the time you are drawing to 1 card.

You cannot/ should not be c/r flop. It is a hand that has showdown value if the board does not worsen. After you raise and BTN 3 bets, you have to fold IMO, you still have 12bb left and you are never ever ever ahead.
I have a bruise on my forehead from knowing I shouldn't have been involved but I keep doing it anyway...keep posting till someone slaps some sense into me i guess....:eek:

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a bruise on my forehead from knowing I shouldn't have been involved but I keep doing it anyway...keep posting till someone slaps some sense into me i guess....:eek:

Omaha is a hard game when now starting but after a few thousand hands you will get it. :eek: :D I love it though, the swings are brutal (50 buy in swings are normal) but it is so profitable.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically you want to chuck any rainbow hand. You want hands that have the potential to play out multiple ways. Your hand is very limited unless you hit a very narrow flop. Marginal breaks it down right for you.

Since you are playing 8 game and you say this is your weakest game, I would only play the premium hands in this game until you have a better grasp of it. You only have to wait ten minutes for it to change.:p

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I'm sure you know, the hands run way bigger in Omaha-- where as a set in hold 'em is the virtual nuts, bottom set usually needs to be tossed when facing resistance. Villain could very easily have a bigger set here, in which case, we are crushed. Or, villain could have a 13-card straight draw and we are only a slight favorite. Add a flush draw to that and now we are a huge dog again.

When we're playing omaha, we want to look for starting hands that will not only give us cinch hands, but give us redraws. For example, if we have 9987 double suited, and the flop comes 965, that gives us the nut straight, plus top set for a full house redraw, perhaps with a flush draw and a backdoor flush draw. With this hand, we are almost impossible to beat, even if our opponent has an identical straight. This is the situation we want to find ourselves in-- we have the nut hand with dominating draws.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way you should be playing this hand. In fact there is no way you should be playing any hand in O with less than 99xx as a starting hand. This isn't to say to say that 99xx is an ok hand to play I just think this is a good starting point. Please keep your 4 cards in mind 99AK double suited is obviously better than 9927 no suits. In fact I would most likely fold 9927 in almost all positions except the blinds and when facing a raise I would also fold this garbage hand.

Here is something you want to keep in mind. Omaha is a game of flushes. Straights are a joke if the flush is out there. I have seen many men cry losing with an Ace high straight to a 7 high flush. Please don't be this guy.

There are some cases where folding AAxx is correct. If you can not grasp this concept than you will never be successful at Omaha. Look for A and K suited hands with two other cards that work well with the others. If you are constantly playing hands with danglers like AJT4 you are going to lose chips in the long run. Hands you want to play are the ones that have the highest chance of hitting a flush and to a certain extent a boat.

Double suited hands are also good as long as all four cards work together. Run down hands likw KQJT are awesomne especially when suiited or double sutied. There are some really good playes here at CC. I also suggest you check at http://www.omahaplanet.com/ for more information on his topic.

G

Grimiscool

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre for sure.

Flop shove is fine imo. BTNs is something like AQxx maybe with a flush draw. AAxx and QQxx are unlikely so I think you're ahead.