888 Poker - $2.70+$0.30|75/150 Ante 15 NL - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 2.13 BB
SB: 9.67 BB
Hero (BB): 17.44 BB
CO: 60.76 BB

4 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.9 BB) Hero has T:heart: T:club:

CO calls 1 BB, BTN calls 1 BB, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 2 BB, BTN calls 1.03 BB, SB calls 2 BB

Flop: (11.43 BB, 4 players) Q:heart: A:spade: 3:heart:
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (11.43 BB, 4 players) 2:club:
SB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, CO calls 1 BB

River: (14.43 BB, 4 players) J:heart:
SB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, CO calls 1 BB

I don't wanna go all in pre-flop because the short still can make fold How do you play in this spot?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres enough dead money in the pot to just shove this one in preflop. no reason for any other move here.

As played i don't even see what we beat on the river to make a 1bb call, it's just a weird spot which is setup by pretty much the worst preflop option avaliable

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just shove pre,the short would hesitate to call and you should contends to collects blind and antes.

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to avoid the variance, in addition the super big stack is a calling station, but yes normally the shove is the best option.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least you have to raise bigger than what you did.

We want to know the reaction of the chip leader at the same time pressure the 2 low stacks.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only shove preflop, if raise you will be pot-committed OOP

M

Mug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed with the others who have posted before, the only raise you can make preflop is to jam it in. There is no room to play poker postflop with these stack sizes.

I see you line of thinking thinking to play more passive and not risk it all with a vulnerable hand, but by doing so you actually risk more of your stack unnecessarily. If you were going to take this line, why raise at all? With such a small raise you should fully expect calls from the CO and BTN and possibly even the SB which is exactly what happened. In this position most flops are going to be very bad for you with at least 1 overcard around 70% of the time. You essentially set yourself up to the point where if you didn't get a lucky flop and hit a set or all rags, you would have to fold to any action.

Jamming it all in preflop is the right call here.